D600: is anyone excited about it?

2WheelPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
BHPHOTO touts "its like aD7000 with a full frame sensor. Is that a plus? Or am I missing something?

The main thing I liked about my D7000 was it was a crop body. The physical body characteristics such as strength, ease of menus, viewfinder quality, etc fall short for what i expected of mine and I sold it. And the D600 costs >$2,000.

Just though I'd ask if I'm way off in my reasoning (or lack of!)

nope. if the D600 was a bit cheaper MAYBE...but for the money the next upgrade will be a D7000.

Like you said. It's like a D7000 with a FF sensor. So if the size of the D7000 sensor is an issue for you then yes, it is an upgrade.

It's two years newer tech as well so I can only assume it should perform better in most areas.

I had thought it might be something for me to make the jump from my D7000 into full frame land. but for the price doesn't seem like enough of a jump to justify it. Now if i was using a lower end camera then what I have it might have made me make the jump. If it had been out when I had my D3000 and was looking to upgrade I might have chose it over the D7000 but where I stand now I will likely look at diffrent models (if an when I can afford to upgrade, hell they may have 6 new models out or upgraded before that happens)

Don't get the twice the price of the D7000 and entering into the D700 territory?
For $2000 I expect a beeffieerr,Robust and Pro built camera! Which I would then just buy a D700.
Am Not Impressed! :confused:

I like how NOT impressed people are with something they have never used, seen or felt in their hands......

I like how NOT impressed people are with something they have never used, seen or felt in their hands......

All we've been offered is the technical spec sheet and description?

i wouldbuy a d700 in a heaetbeat if it had video, it doesnt so im hppy to see the d600!!

i wouldbuy a d700 in a heaetbeat if it had video, it doesnt so im hppy to see the d600!!

THAT is the type of point I overlooked. However i don't shoot video, but i can see now why Nikon could up the price of a cheaper body to about D700 prices. Thanks for sharing
bigthumb.gif

I think its pretty typical for people to have the ability to rule out electronic equipment based on technical specs. especially when they know what features they do and do not want/need.

I think its pretty typical for people to have the ability to rule out electronic equipment based on technical specs. especially when they know what features they do and do not want/need.

Indeed. Technical specs and feature list speak a lot to a technical product's performance
bigthumb.gif

From someone who shoots Canon right now, no.

It seems the whole idea to create an inexpensive "bridge" camera is completely lost at this price point. Seems like Nikon is taken up Canon's model "charge as much as we can get away with e.g. 5d MK III". New, the D600 is already 3x more expensive as a used classic 5d, and it's a bit silly they artificially hampered it at 1/4000 max shutter speed.

I had planned on picking one up when I thought it was going to be a D7000 with an fx sensor for $1500.

But instead, we get a D7000 with a nerfed shutter and an fx sensor for 2k!

I may still pick one up down the road on the used market. I don't think I want to lug a D700 around.

I am not. I will say that I am more than sure it can produce lovely images.... However, I would want more features. I haven't decided if I truly want one or will I get a d700. The biggest thing is the AF system and some other features that I would want in an upgrade. It's still too soon to say anything really but I am interested in its reviews. I can care less for the video although it is a plus. I guess time will tell.

Most reactions

Back