D600: is anyone excited about it?

Some of you that think the 700 is better than the 600, you need to do some research! WOW! lol. Here is a great read to to get you started :).

The D700, being a prosumer grade camera, has many, many, features the D600 lacks. It isn't all about ISO and MP.

Some of you that think the 700 is better than the 600, you need to do some research! WOW! lol. Here is a great read to to get you started :).

The D700, being a prosumer grade camera, has many, many, features the D600 lacks. It isn't all about ISO and MP.

Totally get that. So what is it about the 700 that is a better camera? I know the 600's max shutter speed is 1/4000 but I don't know that I've ever needed more anyway..... IMO, the pro's defiantly outweigh the cons between the two cameras.... just sayin'

Last edited:

The D600, being a much newer camera and one aimed at a much wider audience, has MANY features that the D700 lacks. The D600 offers UNCOMPRESSED VIDEO capture out of an HDMI port; that feature alone is worth a huge amount. It isn't all just about being stuck at 12 megapixels four years later...with no video, and so on. The D700 is obsoleted now. It was a great camera, in its era, but newer cameras have passed it by. There's basically NO WAY I would select a D700 over a D600 at this time, since both are priced identically, and the D600 has by far a better sensor, and in my mind, a slightly better viewfinder that has better eye relief, and of course, the newer camera is the current state of the art, and not an end-of-life model.

So, a quick follow-up. Here is a comparison site that offers just the HIGHLIGHTS of the differences between the D600 and the D700. NOT the more-minute differences, but the MAJOR ones, the ones that truly differentiate these two cameras. So...the D600 compared to the D700 offers the following advantages:

Nikon D600 vs D700 - Our Analysis

The D600 offers: Significantly better image quality,Lower noise at high ISO,Shoots 1080p video, significantly larger LCD screen,much higher true resolution, better color depth, offers in-camera HDR, has more dynamic range, has a 100% viewfinder, not an approximating 95% finder, has TWO storage slots,not just one, is significantly lighter, shoots faster, is smaller, and costs less.

But does the strap say just "NIKON" or does it say "D600" :mrgreen:
I'm still trying to justify the price. Wondering if the price might come down a notch towards x-mas and new year.

I have one as well as a D4. The D600 has become my walkabout camera. I use it with the 45MM Pancake lens and the rendering is fantastic, the sensor clean. It is worth every penny of the $2100 as far as I am concerned. It is lighter weight construction than the D4, but it half the price, and feels like it is half the weight. Offered are a few shots I took the second day I had it. Now, after two weeks, I love it.

$river view.jpg$kayak dock.jpg$Ice Cream.jpg

But does the strap say just "NIKON" or does it say "D600" :mrgreen:
I'm still trying to justify the price. Wondering if the price might come down a notch towards x-mas and new year.
Hmm.

I would expect the price should raise around x-mas just like the price of anything else ?

But afterwards, it will probably fall.

+1, get the D800. I posted this thread, and after reading all the comments I did and haven't regretted it
bigthumb.gif

Most reactions

New Topics

Back