D600 on its way

oldhippy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Finally got it ordered. got 15% cash back. Buy.com Reconditioned from Cameta Camera with a 1 year warranty. Got enough back to buy a
50mm1.8G. The waiting begins.

Congratulations! Do you have other existing lenses that you can use with it in addition to the 50 1.8?

Congratulations! Do you have other existing lenses that you can use with it in addition to the 50 1.8?
Thanks for the reply Tim. I've got a 70-300vr2, 35 1.8 g Dx ad a 16-85 vr that I'm trying to sell on here. will get a 24-85fx. And a 50mm1.8g when I get my rebate

will get a 24-85fx. And a 50mm1.8g when I get my rebate
Congrats on your new camera, I am green in envy :)

You are going to love the 24-85mm VR, I own this lens for few months and its my main lens I use, very sharp wonderful lens.
Get one used, it shouldn't go for around 300$-350$

Enjoy your new baby, I have one and I like it!

Hey Old Timer, take delivery yet? Curious what your shutter count will be. Mine was <300, like 262 or so.

Really looking forward to that credit on my account from buy.com

got to shoot a wedding with it this weekend, wow, totally in love with the pictures. Look forward to your updates.

Hey Old Timer, take delivery yet? Curious what your shutter count will be. Mine was <300, like 262 or so.

Really looking forward to that credit on my account from buy.com

got to shoot a wedding with it this weekend, wow, totally in love with the pictures. Look forward to your updates.

Shutter count was 8000 . Wasn't real happy, as Cameta Camera had told me they never exceeded 2000. so I called, and they gave me 3 years guarantee. for 30 bucks.
have not had a good chance to shoot much, but what I see is great, And that camera feels like a rock. later ed

Wow, that is a little less than thrilling but man, $30 for 3 years, that's pretty good IMO. I saw Cameta post on here that they actually send their work out to Nikon so thats a heck of a deal!

I was mostly using my $50 50mm 1.8D and man, some of the shots I got exceeded my expectations!

8K? yeah that seems like alot, I've never heard of a refurb having that high a shutter count. like moregone mentioned, his shutter count was just a couple hundred, which is fairly normal, my 800E refurb had a shutter count of 17 when I got it, its kindof a crapshoot as to what you'll get, and unfortunately places like Cameta have no idea what the shutter count is when they sell it...but when it comes down to it, 8000 vs 2000 vs whatever is just a drop in the bucket compared to the rated shutter life, and it sounds like they're helping you out with the added warranty.

aside from all that, it sounds like you're enjoying it...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back