D600 Screen Issue

rcagar7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have had my D600 for about 2 months now. When I first got it I was having trouble with the rear LCD. After I took a picture, no preview would come up, only the green LED light would come on (near the bottom right of LCD). I took it into Henry's and they suggested it was a memory card issue. I bought new cards and it seemed to fix the problem. Everything was fine until last night. I was out shooting and everything was working fine. When I came inside and sat down I went to review some of my shots. Now the preview button and menu buttons are not working (nothing comes up on the LCD, just black screen). The only way i can get anything on the LCD is when I press live view, and that works as it should (great....).

I am pissed off that I didn't get a new unit when I took it in the first time (day 2 of the 15 day exchange window), and now I am unsure of what to do or think. Any recommendations?!

Thanks in advance.

I agree that you should have asked to have the camera replaced when the problem first surfaced.
Call the store and see if they will do anything for you. If not, call Nikon. The camera should be under warranty.

Just brought it back into the retailer. Basically the only option they left me with was to have them send it back into Nikon for repair (under warranty), which could take 4-6 weeks. Wow this sucks. Any other ideas? Would it be better to take it to a Nikon Center myself (I believe the closest to me is near Toronto, about a 2 hour drive).

That is very unfortunate. Have you tried resetting the camera settings to default and/or pulling the battery and leaving it out overnight? My wife recently had an issue with her D7000 memory slot, fortunately Nikon is only a 45 min drive and I only had to wait a week,which is not bad at all. My other Nikons have only visited the shop to clean the sensors...

Best of Luck

Shoot Contax digital instead. AF Zeiss lenses!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back