D600 shot in the dark

O'Rork

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last night at 8:09 PM I found the glow from the grille tempting to capture. I put my D600 to work, hand held w/my 24-70 2.8, manual w/o flash. I spun the wheels and let the meter choose the exposure. ISO 3200 .4 second F 2.8 @66mm Matrix metered.

I am pleased with the ability of the D600 to capture very low light images without flash. Check out that glow!

8901519074_a5d2e7f2b9_c.jpg
[/URL] _DSC0692 by O'Rork, on Flickr[/IMG]

cool that it lit it...but still didn't prevent hand shake.

Small it looks sort of in focus, but large it's a mess.

I would have dialed in 2-3 stops of negative exposure compensation, so that the resulting photo looked dark (since it was dark). That would have given you a faster shutter speed as well.

cool that it lit it...but still didn't prevent hand shake.

Small it looks sort of in focus, but large it's a mess.

I stated it was hand held at .4 second. Of course it reflects that long shutter and very fast sensor-tivity. The object of the post is how i am pleased with the D 600's ability in very low light at high ISO. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

I would have dialed in 2-3 stops of negative exposure compensation, so that the resulting photo looked dark (since it was dark). That would have given you a faster shutter speed as well.

Thanks for the advice. I had no idea, other than read the meter. I have never attempted a very low light shot before.

I stated it was hand held at .4 second. Of course it reflects that long shutter and very fast sensor-tivity. The object of the post is how i am pleased with the D 600's ability in very low light at high ISO. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

U mad?

"I am pleased with the ability of the D600 to capture very low light images without flash. Check out that glow!"

Not sure you made it clear you knew the image was OOF, so how am I stating the obvious?

Great!! You captured a picture that shows how it lights, but it's a totally unusable image b/c of the hand motion blur.

U mad?

"I am pleased with the ability of the D600 to capture very low light images without flash. Check out that glow!"

Not sure you made it clear you knew the image was OOF, so how am I stating the obvious?

Great!! You captured a picture that shows how it lights, but it's a totally unusable image b/c of the hand motion blur.
Would that make your day? Is your mission in life to make people angry? Can you drive truck?

I posted in the Nikon forum (for gear talk) because I'm pleased with the gear. I stated it was hand held for almost 1/2 second without flash in the dark. Photogs realise that causes motion blur. Perhaps I should have left the post good without an image. But seeing how I did post an image, showing the fantastic light capturing ability in dark conditions, you just had to critique it in a negative way. Then one of the super mods on here, moved it to general, where images are subject to critique. WTF?

At this juncture, I regret I even posted in this forum of whiners and god mods.

Come in below me and make yourself known far and wide for all to see.

U mad?

Would that make your day? Is your mission in life to make people angry? Can you drive truck?

I posted in the Nikon forum (for gear talk) because I'm pleased with the gear. I stated it was hand held for almost 1/2 second without flash in the dark. Photogs realise that causes motion blur. Perhaps I should have left the post good without an image. But seeing how I did post an image, showing the fantastic light capturing ability in dark conditions, you just had to critique it in a negative way. Then one of the super mods on here, moved it to general, where images are subject to critique. WTF?

At this juncture, I regret I even posted in this forum of whiners and god mods.

Come in below me and make yourself known far and wide for all to see.

Some people here have been overcome by a mix of Internet rage and ego. People also like to point out irrelevant facts for... Whatever reason.

Don't let it get to you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back