d610 spots/oil on sensor too!?

o_O I really can't tell if people are just making fun or not.

is what you posted the same as what @Emanuel M posted with red circles?

every picture you post is about 2" large and I cant see jack ****.

Ohhhh ok that explains a lot, I thought you were just winding me up haha. You must have some different browser or forum settings maybe? On my screen it shows the full widge of the message window by default, and says left click to view full size. Maybe try right click the thumb and choose view image? Otherwise I really don't have a clue :/

I see the spots now and quite a bit of it.Clean it or send it in.I have yet to see any spots on my sensors.There could be some but they are not noticeable at apertures I shoot at but then again I am not looking for them,I will wait until the dust bunnies really show up before I go cleaning the sensor.

Last edited:
After reading through all the comments and looking at the pictures, I have to agree with the general consensus in that yea - dust happens. I recently acquired a used Nikon D7000 and it took me several days to get the stinkin' sensor cleaned...and the camera still has less than 6k clicks on it. At first I thought it was just dirt/dust, but the moment I hit the sensor with a cleaning swab, it smeared...there was definitely some oil there. It took some teeth gnashing, but I finally got it clean.

As others have already said, cleaning sensors on DSLR's is certainly part of the turf...particularly for those prone to pixel peeping. I will say that as a person who's a fairly heavy smoker AND has 5 critters in the house (3 dogs and 2 cats), yea...I have to clean my gear on a fairly regular basis. I always have a lens on the body and the body is (usually) in my camera bag when not in use, however I always manage to end up with some degree of crud on the sensor and lenses. That said however if you have to blow up the images that much and circle the dirty spots just for people to see it on an internet forum (many of whom are quite experienced and have sharp eyes), chances are the problem probably isn't THAT bad at all. Yea, with the blue sky shot there's a few specs there and I spotted those right away, but I doubt most people would ever see then under normal shooting conditions...with that first long exposure shot, I really didn't see anything wrong.

I honestly don't wish this to sound rude at all, but after reading through your responses to the comments posted here, to me it really sounds as though you're seeking perfection in a world that, quite frankly, is less than perfect. This is quite obviously my own opinion, but personally, if it really bothered me that much, I'd just clean the sensor and be done with it. Again - it goes with the turf.

Most reactions

Back