D70 MLU info from Nikon

nikon90s

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are 2 emails, one from me to Nikon & the other is from Nikon back to me. It took them just 2 hours to write me back the first time, FAST. I then wrote them back to ask if I could post the email, and today, the Sunday Labor Day they told me I could. That is just 30 hours from my first email. Anyway I think it at least gives us hope that they might do something about MLU.

From me:

Can you tell my why the D70 dose not have mirror lock up? Are there going to be a firm down load that will give it to up? There are a ton of owners who want it and some who where mislead with the MLU for cleaning only feature. I know I read that the D70 had MLU and thought it was for shooting and not just for cleaning. This is just one link to one forum that is talking about it, http://forums.dpreview.com/... .../read.asp?forum=1034&message=10106175

And there are groups out there that are trying to HACK the firmware to add this feature. I know this because I have been the websites where they have started groups to do this. Nikon would make all the D70 owners much happier and less chance of down loading a HACKED version that will most likely mess our cameras. So as a D70 owner and someone who wants MLU please add it to a Firm ware upgrade!!!

From Nikon:

Dear Jason

It is possible that may be added, but it would likely be a hardware/firmware upgrade rather then just a firmware upgrade. This has been suggested to our engineering team, and so the final decision well be up to Nikon Japan. I was aware that this had been discussed on the forums and am hoping those customers that do decide to use ANY hacked firmware realize that it well likely void the 1 year camera warranty.

Thank you for your suggestion we appreciate you taking the time to send it in, I well make sure it is given to the proper department as the more requests for an item upgrade we get the more likely it is an upgrade well be made available.

Sincerely
Scott
Nikon

Thanks for using Nikon products!
Nikon Inc. (USA) Support / Service
http://support.nikontech.com

A hardware and firmware upgrade? :?

That means everybody who wants MLU on their D70s needs to send them back to Nikon. :shock:

Fortunately I'm not one of them. :lol:

No, that means that they will not implement it, as it would to too expensive for them, thats how I read it. They might include it in a future product.

I agree that they probably did'nt include it because of price. The camera is designed for a consumer, most of which do not need mirror lockup

Most reactions

Back