D70 questoins?

dave196

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey TPF, just about to buy a d70 second hand. about 5k shots taken and its cheap (im in New Zealand so prices are a bit higher than US, and currency converters etc) so im not Nikkor AF going to list figures. Anyway

Is this an alright lens "nikkor AF 35-75" its what the one im buying comes with. Im not to fussed if its not amazing, because ill buy some new glass in a few weeks. But just making sure its not a complete joke of a lens.

Auction closes in 45mins so i think this is it!
First DSLR, as i have mainly used film. Will be putting a sunpak on it.
Have a night day tpf! post photos soon :)

The smallish AF 35-70mm F/3.3-4.5 is a very sharp lens for it's price. Moose Petersen loves this lens and has written how surprised he was with it's image quality. It's small and ideal as a light everyday lens despite it's lack of zoom range. I have this lens on an old D-70 I keep in my car. If you are referring to the AF 35-70 f/2.8 lens with macro, this too is a sharp lens, but is of pro build quality. This lens was replaced with the 28-70 and then the 24-70 f/2.8. The 35-70 zoom range is a little limited but that is what makes it so sharp. Lens design has always been a trade-off in feature for capability. With the 2/1 zoom range the designers gave up little to make it almost as sharp as a fixed focal legnth lens. The f/2.8 version is one of my mainstay lenses on any of my pro bodies.

I really don't know what would be considering odd about this lens D.D. other than it's short zoom range. Either version have it's place and both are very good at what they were designed to do. Even the older M.F versions were considered exceptional in there day.

The smallish AF 35-70mm F/3.3-4.5 is a very sharp lens for it's price.
Yes, but he said 35-75, and that's a different lens than the 35-70.

What's odd about buying this camera with this lens is that they are separated by generations of camera technology. It's just weird that this D70 isn't coming with a newer lens, like its original kit lens or something.

Maybe somone just bought the body and stuck the cheapest lens in their bag on it to sell. It is easier to sell a camera with some kind of lens on it.

Most reactions

Back