D700 grip and battery question?

Mach0

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. My d700 with a third party grip ( battery installed) is set to use the battery in the grip first. When I hit the information button the see the battery life it shows the battery in body to be full. Once I remove the battery from the grip to charge, the battery in the body shows as being 45-50%. Has anyone had this issue and care to share some pointers?

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. My d700 with a third party grip ( battery installed) is set to use the battery in the grip first. When I hit the information button the see the battery life it shows the battery in body to be full. Once I remove the battery from the grip to charge, the battery in the body shows as being 45-50%. Has anyone had this issue and care to share some pointers?

From what you're saying, you have a battery in the body also. If not, how could you see the battery info on the screen with the battery removed from the grip?

From what you're saying, you have a battery in the body also. If not, how could you see the battery info on the screen with the battery removed from the grip?

One in each.

Anyone? Next option is for me to try an OEM grip and if it doesn't work- get serviced?

Anyone? Next option is for me to try an OEM grip and if it doesn't work- get serviced?

So you don't put two batteries in the grip? Just one?

I have had this issue from time to time, then it went to not recognizing the battery in the grip at all and wouldn't go to the battery in camera. It has somehow sorted itself out and is fine after some fiddling around and cleaning the connection points between grip and camera. If you're reading that the camera battery is at half, AFTER the battery in the grip is drained, it could just be from sitting, how long does you to use your batteries?

I have had this issue from time to time, then it went to not recognizing the battery in the grip at all and wouldn't go to the battery in camera. It has somehow sorted itself out and is fine after some fiddling around and cleaning the connection points between grip and camera. If you're reading that the camera battery is at half, AFTER the battery in the grip is drained, it could just be from sitting, how long does you to use your batteries?

It's weird. The battery in the grip will read about 25 percent so ill take it out to charge and then battery in body that said full 2 mins before goes to 45 percent. The camera says BP for battery pack so it recognizes it.
As far as how long does it take? It depends on what I was shooting. But I'd say a day or so.

Hrmmmm, what 3rd party grip, I wonder if it's the same as mine. I paid like $60, because I just didn't wanna drop the $200+ for the Nikon brand. The reviews seemed ok for the 3rd party, but now I'm wondering.

Hrmmmm, what 3rd party grip, I wonder if it's the same as mine. I paid like $60, because I just didn't wanna drop the $200+ for the Nikon brand. The reviews seemed ok for the 3rd party, but now I'm wondering.

It's a vellos. It functions well and the build quality is good. It's more or less trying to figure out whether or not if its an issue with the camera or third party grip. It recognizes the battery in the grip but it should drain the battery in grip first when its set up that way- rather than drain both almost equally. That's the thing that leaves me stumped. I don't want to buy an OEM grip and still have the same effin issue lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back