D700 "upgrade"

2WheelPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Whats the latest rumor on a news release date for this one?

Nikonrumors and industry sources, the successor of the Nikon D700 will be announced at the Nikon press conference on August 24th. The D700 replacement will be available in Fall 2011 :drool:

How badly I want my hands on the D800.

Hope the sources are right, I want one too.

I'm going to get it next year, but after hearing the comparison with the 5D mkIII, and decided which brand should i stay (i'm just having 60D and 24-70 atm on the darkside, lol...)

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum

There are good news and bad news

The bad news is only coolpix announcement for yesterday... ><
The good news is there will be another announcement in a few weeks (which may have about the mirrorless camera), and in meanwhile stock of d700 will be increased for those who can't wait...

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum

Yep heard end of this month an announcement of 2 Fx bodies. And they geared up a new plant in Malaysia that is producing product as we speak. Don't know what products. But expect Nikon gear with the "Made in Malaysia" soon.

I had a lovely conversation w/ an owner of a photo-store today. This guy has been dealing with big names for nearly 40yrs. Although he always says that he doesn't know WHY companies do what they do, in the last 10yrs that I've been working w/ him, he has been pretty accurate.
Anyways:
Original announcement was planned to be broken down into day of excitement, starting with coopix (as it happened) and as soon as joe mcnally's exhibit opens (Nikon To Sponsor Joe McNally) they were to announce d3 successor and d700 OR d800 successor. Unfortunately though initial tests by pros who DO tests for the bodies came back with less then expected results and they are working on improving those bodies before announcing them. Thus production of bodies like d700 resumed and retailers received them.
Apparently, when D3 and D700 were first announced they were some issues with the first few batches and later these bugs were fixed. Therefore, they want to avoid repeating the same mistake.

I WANT A D800 NOW. nothing on nikon rumors this morning either.

So.. any news about D800 or perhaps also D400? Nikon has plant in Malaysia?! I don't bother where the product is manufactured or assembled but the most important is the Quality of the product.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back