D7000...All I have to say is WOW!

You can but I would think that every time you touch the camera you risk knocking it out of alignment and would then get some ghosting.
Well i do it with my 350D and 5D and i have no problem with ghosting. I don't think knocking it out of alignment would be a problem on a good tripod...

Hey guys, congratulations on the purchase! :)
Have anyone tried printing from it in 16x20 or larger at ISOs of 800? Few months ago, I was offered a used body (and considered it) but after speaking w/ few labs that I use general consensus was that IQ in print isn't the best of Nikons. I still have that offer so if the bug was fixed I'll probably add d7000 to my work gear.

Thanks

I just made a poster sized print 20x30 from an image I took of Moulton Barn. I was at ISO 800 and ISO 400 for the two shots. I do not see any issues with IQ at all.

Ya don't listen to these guys who say crop cameras are "bad for low light photography", while it’s true that FF is better in this area that doesn't mean that crop bodies aren’t still capable.

It’s like comparing a Subaru WRX STI to a Ferrari. The Subaru is still fast, the Ferrari is just faster.

I have taken some amazing shots with my 7D, and I really love it. I would not consider selling it when upgrading, and its nice to have the burst speed+extra reach from the crop factor.

Heres a shot I took with my 7D at a festival in Japan.

IMG_14322.jpg

Hows that for low light performance?

Crop bodies FTW lol!

Neil

Ya don't listen to these guys who say crop cameras are "bad for low light photography", while it’s true that FF is better in this area that doesn't mean that crop bodies aren’t still capable.
Who was saying anything about crop frame and low light? Since going digital, I've been shooting cropped frame. All we were talking about was higher ISOs and prints larger then 16x20.

guys next week only i gonna buy my D7000...so i need your guides....

I was worried about buying a d7000 as the price is great. I am one of those people that always think the more money you spend the better the product is.
But thanks for the info and now i can defiantly look into purchasing one myself 8).....

I wanted to buy D7000 since last year (upgrading my D90). Actually not much different compare these two products. End last year to early this year I read about dead pixel on D7000 as common issue. According to Nikon USA site, the problem resolved with the latest software. I was about to get a Canon, but when think about those Nikon original lenses that I've invested & the news 'pixel' issues resolved with new software make me change my mind.

I live in Malaysia, and the D7000 here made in Thailand. Probably it's different case in Europe or elsewhere. The Nikon support here so far not to that satisfying level, as today the shop where I bought the unit called them & explained, Nikon disagree to change with another new unit.

At the moment (I'm waiting for Nikon Malaysia to reply to me by Tuesday/Wednesday) I can say; I bought the D7000 for just a step upgrade (compare to D90) but several steps upset (for the quality, support & price I paid).

I have had one for a month now as well and can say I'm very impressed. Only had a 60D in the digital world to compare to and the D7000 is definitely better in many regards. I hope to go shoot some people pics today with a new flash.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

Most reactions

Back