D7000 and My Experience with Nikon "Support"

So after two months and a long "awaiting parts" hold my D7000 is BACK!
bigthumb.gif

TOO LONG :C

I am battling this issue also, seems %50/50 on whether it will get fixed or not. I have quite a few shoots each month for next thee months and if they cant get it back within 10 days like they orginally said im not sure what ima do. There are prolly 5 really dark spots and 30 or so smaller grey spots. Just did a beach shoot and to be honest the pics are great but im having to clone out every single spot and its taking way to long. Love/ hate d7000.

In their defence after the Tsunami many of their Korean factories have also recently been flooded so supplies of repair parts are going to be lower. If you can't get your camera back you'll have to consider either purchasing another or renting a unit for those shoots - toss up and find out is renting costs will be greater or less than what you'll lose on an investment in a new similar spec, body if sold second hand on the market (

Good luck with yours - I'm happy to say that after months D7000 is back. And I still LOVE the D80 I bought for pennies on craigslist as a back up cam.

**** me, has it only gone in for a bit of dust on the sensor ?

They originally thought that was the problem, then found they had to replace parts.

Most reactions

Back