D7000 Backfocus Service Question

jsm190

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a D7000 and all of my lenses require Fine Tune of -15 to -20 to be reasonably sharp. I have a few months left on my warranty. Should I continue to use the Fine Tune or does this sound like a back focus issue that should be addressed by Nikon?

Have you done proper tests using a focus chart?

Is it back focusing with every lens you have ?

If so I would send it back.

Send it back, it won't hurt and can only help. If your issue is consistent among all lenses it does appear like your camera needs an adjustment.

Thanks I will send it in and have it checked while I can. I have a lot less invested in the GX1 and was rather upset when I got it and it was taking sharper photos than the D7000.Thanks again.

Thanks I will send it in and have it checked while I can. I have a lot less invested in the GX1 and was rather upset when I got it and it was taking sharper photos than the D7000.Thanks again.

Mine's getting operated on today at Nikon UK - it took around 9 days to get into the hands of a Tech. Exactly the same problem as your one.

Had focusing problems with my camera so I sent it to Nikon for service.
When I got the camera back it was much better but still not perfect so I had to fine tune all my lenses to the camera.

From my experience the D7000 is a great camera but its AF system reliability is not that impressive :(
Thank god for the fine tune function, that really made a huge difference.

Most reactions

Back