D7000 backordered!!

NeoPho

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm sooooo pissed because I want a camera asap and the D7000 is backordered everywhere!!!! I'm starting to consider buying a canon equivalent of a D7000 may not be the same but at least there's plenty of canon cams everywhere. What do y'all think. They dnt know when they will hace them in stock =[

I'm sooooo pissed because I want a camera asap and the D7000 is backordered everywhere!!!! I'm starting to consider buying a canon equivalent of a D7000 may not be the same but at least there's plenty of canon cams everywhere. What do y'all think. They dnt know when they will hace them in stock =[

Ummm...IN STOCK at Adorama as we speak??? Where did you look?

Also IN STOCK at B&H? WTF?

I dnt trust online retailers =[ I dnt know I'm weird. Best buy said they dnt know when they will get em and this cam store in my town. =\ they said cuz of floods. Its been two months and this shop said they still dny know when they will be in....

I dnt trust online retailers =[ I dnt know I'm weird. Best buy said they dnt know when they will get em and this cam store in my town. =\ they said cuz of floods. Its been two months and this shop said they still dny know when they will be in....

You dont trust adorama and BH but you trust best buy? omg. you see they lied to you already.

Last edited:
Wadata mean :/? If I order it online when will I get it? ?? How are they lying? ??

You dont trust adorama and BH but you trust best buy? omg. you see they lied to you already.

I trust BH more than every retail store within 100 miles of me combined! They are freaking amazing with customer service! I called them once to ask a question about a lens I was going to order, and ended up talking photography for like an hour with the guy on the phone! If you have ANY issue they will quickly resolve it and help with. They are GREAT. You won't find a bad review of them anywhere!

Wadata mean :/? If I order it online when will I get it? ?? How are they lying? ??

With the cheap/free shipping, probably 7-10 days. If you want it sooner you could overnight it for probably like $30, as long as you live in the US.

With the cheap/free shipping, probably 7-10 days. If you want it sooner you could overnight it for probably like $30, as long as you live in the US.

BH are awesome.

Keep in mind that i am in Ottawa, canada. I ordered a canon HF m400 for my wife and look at this.

2011-12-0709:39 AM Delivered to HACHE at RECEPTION via HULL, PQ depot
2011-12-0708:36 AM On vehicle for delivery via HULL, PQ depot
2011-12-0611:12 PM Left via TORONTO SORT CTR/CTR TRIE, ON depot
2011-12-0611:12 PMShipment in Transit
2011-12-0610:46 PM Shipment In Transit via TORONTO SORT CTR/CTR TRIE, ON depot
2011-12-0610:46 PMArrived at Transfer Terminal
2011-12-0610:45 PM Picked up by Purolator via TORONTO SORT CTR/CTR TRIE, ON depot
2011-12-0610:45 PMPicked up by Purolator
2011-12-0601:25 AM Left via METRO NY TERMINAL depot
2011-12-0601:25 AMShipment in Transit
2011-12-0507:22 PM Shipment In Transit via METRO NY TERMINAL depot
2011-12-0507:22 PMArrived at Transfer Terminal

2 days and delivered to my door?!?! you cant ask for More.

19.50 Duty fees and 9 bucks shipping. (2 to 6 days)

that camcorder is for sale in shops around here at 549$ + tax without any rebate, I got it for 356 with shipping and duty at BH. It was also at 549.00 but its on sale right now.

We are in 2011, even my grand father who can barely use a computer found his way to ebay and paypal.

Last edited:

Sorry, you cannot be helped. Both B&H and Adorama have been in business for nearly 40 years. They don't stay in business by scamming people. I'd trust them to babysit my kids.

I'm sure my fear is understandable. Its a lot of money I'm dealing with here. Ill try and maybe pay through paypal. Thanks a lot. I dnt mean to sound ignorant but I've worked overtime to get money for my dream. I have never ordered anything online. Maybe its time I jump into the new decade =]

The floods are a true story, but Bestbuy is probably out of stock. Adorama and B&H still have them is stock, and you can trust them, I believe they have been around even longer than Best Buy as well.

I have baught my D700 and most of my lenses off of B&H. Excellent company and great service. Fast shipping. Had one of my flashes go bad about a month after I ordered it and made one call to B&H and they told me to send it to them for replacement, no questions asked. Less than a week after I sent it to them I got the replacement back. Won't find a better retailer. I agree that I trust B&H over any local retailer.

I have purchased ever new piece of equipment I order through Adorama. If I go to NYC I go to B&H's store. Why? Cuz B&H is like disneyland for photographers and Adorama's store is actually very tiny. Only reason. I'd order from B&H without even blinking if they had what I wanted and Adorama didn't.
Now Best Buy? I wouldn't order dog shxt from. It'd be incredibly over priced and you can just wait till they damn well get around to it. Customer service? Well, they are THERE, but that's about it. They know JACK SHXT about what they are doing!

stores can't order new stock from Nikon, because new lenses aren't being made. best buys usually only carry like 2-3 D7000s at each store, max. Most only carry 1. BH and Adorama have thousands in their warehouses. Also, I'd be willing to bet that best buy stood flat footed when news of the floods hit, while camera specialty stores like BH and Adorama bought all the stock they could find anywhere.

A little while back I stupidly ordered the wrong battery grip for my camera. B&H said to ship it back no problem as long as the product box and original content were complete. When I packed it up I put a note in the box indicating which grip I rally meant to order and to just go ahead and charge my CC for the difference plus the cost of shipping again. Just a few days later my new grip arrived. They charged my CC for the price difference but no additional shipping. Can't ask for better than that.

edit: Adorama is just as good, as are The Camera Store, Vistek and Henry's.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back