D7000 Help

tevo

Recovering TPF Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As of a few nights ago, information remains on the LCD display of my D7000 even after I switch it to "Off". This happens (estimate) 3/5 times, and sometimes will turn completely off (only show me the remaining pictures on my card) after a while. If I hold down the shutter (after doing this), it shows me the remaining pictures in the queue (r41 or so), but will not take a picture. I also cannot browse the menu, but I can change the aperture / shutter. Help? I am afraid this will drain my battery. Only attachment I have had on it was an MB-D11 with the standard En-El15 battery.

Thanks!

Bump
bump
BUMP
bUmP
BuMp
BUMp
BUmp
BumP
bUMp
bUMP
buMP
BuMP
BUmP
BUMp
bUmp
buMp

The LCD on the top?

That's normal.

Perhaps you can't take a photo because, as you stated, you've turned the camera off.

The LCD on the top?

That's normal.

Perhaps you can't take a photo because, as you stated, you've turned the camera off.

But why does all the information stay on the LCD on top ?! ITS NOT NORMAL ):

Maybe the on/off switch isn't really turning the camera off.

Is it just the top LCD?

Let me grab my D7000 and try it for you

When I power mine off it hesitates 2-3 seconds then shuts all the readings down EXCEPT the number of pics left on the card, and the fact the memory card is present in slot 2.

Are you shutting it down after firing off a bunch of frames? You can turn the camera off, but I don't think it will actually turn off until the buffer clears. Of course, once enough of the buffer is available, it should fire the shutter.

Unless you are using Class -3 cards.

Are you shutting it down after firing off a bunch of frames? You can turn the camera off, but I don't think it will actually turn off until the buffer clears. Of course, once enough of the buffer is available, it should fire the shutter.

Unless you are using Class -3 cards.

I don't even have to shoot a picture for it to happen; I am using 2 SanDisk Extreme 16GBs.

When I power mine off it hesitates 2-3 seconds then shuts all the readings down EXCEPT the number of pics left on the card, and the fact the memory card is present in slot 2.

Mine normally does that, but recently it started doing this; what happens is, I turn it off, and the LCD looks exactly the same as it does when it is powered on.

Maybe the on/off switch isn't really turning the camera off.

Is it just the top LCD?

Yes.

Bump for help!

The LCD screen will drain your battery completely in as little as 658 days!!! So definitely, send it in for a warranty repair and be prepared to be without the camera for 10 days. Otherwise, charge the battery once every 90 days or so, and you'll be good to go, 24/7. [wink]

Bump for help!

Have you tried Nikon support, call this # 1-800-645-6687

Edit: Derrel's post at the same makes more sense than mine. As usual
bigthumb.gif

Derrel said:
The LCD screen will drain your battery completely in as little as 658 days!!! So definitely, send it in for a warranty repair and be prepared to be without the camera for 10 days. Otherwise, charge the battery once every 90 days or so, and you'll be good to go, 24/7. [wink]

658 days?! Oh no!);

:sexywink:

Thanks Der-Bear, if it won't drain my battery/negatively affect the camera, it's fine.

There'll be a D7000 in the classifieds soon in case you want a spare
bigthumb.gif

2WheelPhoto said:
There'll be a D7000 in the classifieds soon in case you want a spare

Why? Is the D7000 unemployment rate going up? Damn Canon-loving Obama..):<

Most reactions

New Topics

Back