D7000 hot-shoe is like what other model?

gl600

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,
I know that certain DSLR models have the same exact hot-shoe built into the camera. Although they are all very similar there can be differences (e.g. between the D90 and the D700).
Does anyone know which other camera's (if any) the D7000's hot-shoe is similar to? I could not figure out how to find out online.
Thanks!

It's similar to many other Nikon d-slrs. Do you have a specific piece of equipment that you need to check compatibility against?

Last edited:
For Yongnuo flashes they list different Nikon DSLRS for different flashes. (i.e. They will have the same flash one for certain Nikon DSLR's and another flash (same model) for different ones.

But the reason why I want to know is because if you look here:
Phottix Strato 2.4 GHz Wire/Wireless 4 in 1 Trigger
You will see that you have to choose between different camera models. I don't want to order triggers for a D90 and not have them work (properly) on a D7000 which I plan on buying.
Thanks

When talking about Nikon products etc., I wouldn't put too much stock into what you see listed in the specs for products like that. Your hotshoe is the same one that's on every other Nikon DSLR.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back