D7000 mechanical sound

Thanks D-B-J. Yours is perfect. A good one shouldn't produced any sound. Mine was really audible and finally it has been replaced with the new one.

My D7000 is indeed made in Thailand. Although it is my first nicer camera that I bought, I don't even worry about the area of manufacture. As far as the clicking... I literally just checked mine, and it does make a clicking noise but I do think it sounds normal. It does not sound like anything grinding. Although I cannot determine your problem without actually hearing the clicking.

But again my D7000 does make a clicking when switching from landscape to portrait. It is very silent too so if your camera is louder thannnnnnn I would probably get it checked out.

As mentioned, mine was audible. Sound very similar to a small tiny screw hitting another metal part produce kind of clicking sound. It's audible even in the store with noisy environment. Tested and compared with other D7000 no audible sound. It's verified by Nikon and the replacement unit from Nikon has no audible sound.

Anyway congratulation since you happy with yours.

Hi guys,

I just bought a D7000 (upgrading my D90). I'm wondering if any of D7000 users here can give some advise. Fyi, I bought this unit in Malaysia from Nikon Authorized Dealer. The product stated Made in Thailand. My questions:

1. Is your D7000 also made in Thailand?
2. Do you notice bad pixels (2-3 on the very same spot) when shooting ISO-100 with exposure >1sec?

When changing position of camera (taking landscape to portrait: I mean horizontal to vertical), I can hear a clicking sound (mechanical). Sound something like little screw hitting some of the inner part near the viewfinder. First I thought it was my lens. But it gives same result without lens. Of course it's not coming from the strap holder, but the sound could be similar to that. For mine, I don't need to shake the camera. It's enough to turn the camera from position horizontal to vertical.

3. Do you have this sound on your unit?

Hope to hear from you.

I also have one which I purchased from Amazon and it's also made in Thailand. I don't think I have these problems as you have.

The noise you hear when changing orientation is normal, its the sound of the orientation sensor rotating around in the camera. It sounds like a tiny screw is loose and rolling around in the body, but its not.

The noise you hear when changing orientation is normal, its the sound of the orientation sensor rotating around in the camera. It sounds like a tiny screw is loose and rolling around in the body, but its not.

I don't understand what you are talking about. I don't think the sensor moves right?

Most owners don't have that sound. The replacement unit I get from Nikon doesn't come with that weird sound.

Hi guys,

I just bought a D7000 (upgrading my D90). I'm wondering if any of D7000 users here can give some advise. Fyi, I bought this unit in Malaysia from Nikon Authorized Dealer. The product stated Made in Thailand. My questions:

1. Is your D7000 also made in Thailand?
2. Do you notice bad pixels (2-3 on the very same spot) when shooting ISO-100 with exposure >1sec?

When changing position of camera (taking landscape to portrait: I mean horizontal to vertical), I can hear a clicking sound (mechanical). Sound something like little screw hitting some of the inner part near the viewfinder. First I thought it was my lens. But it gives same result without lens. Of course it's not coming from the strap holder, but the sound could be similar to that. For mine, I don't need to shake the camera. It's enough to turn the camera from position horizontal to vertical.

3. Do you have this sound on your unit?

Hope to hear from you.

I also have one which I purchased from Amazon and it's also made in Thailand. I don't think I have these problems as you have.

You've a good unit. Just like the replacement unit I received. :)

I do have my D7000 for 3 Months now and never heard a click. And this one is made in THAILAND. Should not surprise me if all D7000 were made there.Perhaps you repeat the move from landscape to portrait without your lense. I don't have a standard lense, so that could be the difference.

Who cares where D7000's are made, the manufacturing processes and quality assurance controls should be the same everywhere whether its Mexico, Thai, or Siberia.

I don't understand what you are talking about. I don't think the sensor moves right?

There is a tiny orientation sensor that "flips" around when you turn the camera from landscape to portrait. If you quickly rotate or shake the camera it will sound like a tiny screw clinking around inside. Some cameras may be louder then others, and also some photographers hearing may be better then others.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back