D7000 Oil Spots on Sensor

Water under the bridge, buddy! I STILL wouldn't shoot anything but Nikon! :)

I had the exact same problem...I was upset after reading all the info out there. However i decided to take into a camera repair shop and the guy there was super coooool. I left it over night and picked up next day. He did a sensor clean. I got home and I noticed it still had some spots. So I took it back and i stayed there for about an hour while he cleaned it more. I got home and it had still had just a few tiny areas . So I took it back and now it is all clean no spots.

The guy asked to look at my lens and after inspecting it he said it was dirty and that is where all the dust was coming from. It was a nikon 18-70mm. He told me that it was typical for sensors to get dirty especially if you are using zoom lenses since the sensor is charged it vacuum sucks that dust and with zoom lenses they collect dust easier than prime or fixed lenses do. That lens I bought used from some dude and at the time it looked good but I have no idea about what to look for. Now I know and will not buy another used lens unless it is inspected with NO dust in the lens at all......

As for now I am still dust free and this is really important because I shoot a lot of HDR where it will show more!

^^^
Nah, the oil spot's took 2 or 3 goes for me as they are harder to shift than dust. However sensor cleaning is one of the easiest tasks Iv ever performed so it wasn't exactly a huge deal.

So just clean the friggin sensor... no big deal! It turned out that mine had the same issue... I cleaned the sensor and BOOM! Problem gone.. and has not returned..... :)

I have this also and this is what I was thinking :D

One thing I noticed is that it does not appear until f8, since you cleaned your sensor have you also tried some shots at f8+

One of the local shops here are offering free cleaning for Nikon cameras, something they do a few times a year so I'll wait for that and then let them do it.

So just clean the friggin sensor... no big deal! It turned out that mine had the same issue... I cleaned the sensor and BOOM! Problem gone.. and has not returned..... :)

I have this also and this is what I was thinking :D

One thing I noticed is that it does not appear until f8, since you cleaned your sensor have you also tried some shots at f8+

One of the local shops here are offering free cleaning for Nikon cameras, something they do a few times a year so I'll wait for that and then let them do it.

I constantly shoot at various apertures.. from 1.4 up as high as my lenses go... so yes, I have shot at F8+ a lot since then. No problems noted! :)

I had the same problem with my D7000. Thought my sensor just needed cleaning so I lived with it for a couple months and then decided to get it cleaned. Took it down to the guys at Fixation in London. The nice lady behind the desk told me to leave it with them for half an hour and it would be cleaned. 20 minutes later, I get a call from the lady to say "Your D7000 matches a bad batch that were sent out from nikon where the motor next to the sensor leaks oil and she will send it of to nikon who will fix it free of charge". Result! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back