EchoingWhisper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Would you choose
1. Nikon D7000 with kit lens (18-105mm)
OR
2. Nikon D5100 with kit lens (18-55mm) and another lens (around $300)?

D7000.

Hands down.

If for nothing else, the internal focus motor alone makes the 7000 win out over the 5100.

Not to mention 2 card slots, weather sealing, faster fps, faster max shutter speed, etc. etc. etc.

Even with another lens, the D7000 is better?

Why buy the kitv lens? For the same price as the kit you can get the D7000 with a 50mm 1.8, a 135mm 2.8 AI and an older AF midrange zoom.

Personally after using the 18-105 lens for a week I couldn't wait to get rid of it. I traded it even up for a 185mm AF 2.8, a 28-70 3.5 and one other lens that excapes me right now, and couldn't be happier with the trade.

*Moving to Nikon Subsection*
Echoing - I've also removed your repeat thread as we don't need two on the same subject

*Moving to Nikon Subsection*
Echoing - I've also removed your repeat thread as we don't need two on the same subject

Where are we supposed to post this type of thread actually? I see so many sub-forums, Digital Q&A, Beginner's, Nikon's, I don't really know where to post.

Oh, if I were to buy D7000, what lens should I choose? Should I buy the kit lens then swap it with another lens or just buy a $250 lens? I actually prefer zoom lens though.

Aye I can sympathise - as this is tech talk putting it in the Photography Equipment & Products: News & Reviews section would be valid or in the Nikon section I've put it in, since its focused purely on nikon camera gear not an overall approach.

Digital Q&A has always confused me a little as to what is meant to go in there

Next thing I am considering is price. If I am a beginner, although I have been reading forums and guides and all for almost a year, is D7000 necessary?

Aye I can sympathise - as this is tech talk putting it in the Photography Equipment & Products: News & Reviews section would be valid or in the Nikon section I've put it in, since its focused purely on nikon camera gear not an overall approach.

Digital Q&A has always confused me a little as to what is meant to go in there

I think some sub-forums should be removed to avoid confusion. If not, you guys should just combine similar sub-forums and allow viewers to filter them if they want to. If sub-forums were combined, I would really read all posts.

No replies? :( This is also a reason why I don't like so many sub-forums.

Slow down there ;) can take time for many threads to get replies - plus don't overly worry about subforums too much since a good majority of our more established members surf the site on new posts rather than reading through all the subsections.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back