D7000

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a d7000 are you able to use things like a wireless remote with this camera? (If there is any other accessories that can go with this camera please tell me)

Thanks
Jack M'crystal Photography

There are LOTS of accessories available for the D7000, including a wireless remote. I have a Nikon ML-L3 wireless remote for mine.

There are grips, eyepieces, etc. available for it. Your best bet is to decide what you're looking for, then either do a Google search (Nikon D7000 + wireless remote) or ask here about a specific item. "Other accessories" is just too broad a category to really help with much.

It's a great camera by the way; love mine!

There are LOTS of accessories available for the D7000, including a wireless remote. I have a Nikon ML-L3 wireless remote for mine.

There are grips, eyepieces, etc. available for it. Your best bet is to decide what you're looking for, then either do a Google search (Nikon D7000 + wireless remote) or ask here about a specific item. "Other accessories" is just too broad a category to really help with much.

It's a great camera by the way; love mine!

Thanks for the reply mate I really appreciate the opinion since I am upgrading to either this camera or the 7100 still deciding but you just made me think I should buy the 7000 thanks!!!
Ps is it a specific controller you have to buy or is it universal?

I think that ML-L3 is the specific model number for the Nikon version of the D7000 wireless remote; however, there are other off-brands you can purchase as well. I bought the Nikon one back when I had a D5100, and when I upgraded it turned out the same remote worked on this camera too. You could just go to Amazon and search for D7000 wireless remote and you should see a variety of brands that should work.

As far as the D7100 vs. D7000-- IF I were buying a camera TODAY, and IF I had plenty of money so budget wasn't much of an issue, I'd probably buy the 7100. It's the newest one, it's a great camera and has some definite improvements over the D7000 (don't ask me what they are--I haven't paid ALL that much attention to it, since I love my D7000).

BUT--if budget IS an issue, and if you're going to be wanting other accessories and additional lenses (which you are, whether you know it now or not!)...I might well go with something like a refurb D7000 (or even used, from the right place--I bought mine used from keh.com). Then I'd take the money I'd saved on the camera body to buy a better lens.

That's just MY opinion. If you get sixteen more replies to this, you'll likely get sixteen more opinions too, and in the end, you'll still be the only one who can decide what's right for you. Good luck! You'll love either one, so at least there's no "wrong" choice!

I think that ML-L3 is the specific model number for the Nikon version of the D7000 wireless remote; however, there are other off-brands you can purchase as well. I bought the Nikon one back when I had a D5100, and when I upgraded it turned out the same remote worked on this camera too. You could just go to Amazon and search for D7000 wireless remote and you should see a variety of brands that should work.

As far as the D7100 vs. D7000-- IF I were buying a camera TODAY, and IF I had plenty of money so budget wasn't much of an issue, I'd probably buy the 7100. It's the newest one, it's a great camera and has some definite improvements over the D7000 (don't ask me what they are--I haven't paid ALL that much attention to it, since I love my D7000).

BUT--if budget IS an issue, and if you're going to be wanting other accessories and additional lenses (which you are, whether you know it now or not!)...I might well go with something like a refurb D7000 (or even used, from the right place--I bought mine used from keh.com). Then I'd take the money I'd saved on the camera body to buy a better lens.

That's just MY opinion. If you get sixteen more replies to this, you'll likely get sixteen more opinions too, and in the end, you'll still be the only one who can decide what's right for you. Good luck! You'll love either one, so at least there's no "wrong" choice!

Thank you soooooooooooo much you really have helped allot!!!!!! I am on a budget of about 600 to 800 $ and that is the round about price for the d7000 on eBay so that is probably what I will go for IF I don't get save enough months for the 7100 and other accessories will soon come out for that and then I will be happy with a brand new camera (but I will be the same with a referb 7000). Thank you very very much.

I am looking at buying a d7000 are you able to use things like a wireless remote with this camera? (If there is any other accessories that can go with this camera please tell me)

Thanks

Go to the Nikon website for the camera, then click on "Accessories". That will show you what Nikon makes.

I bought this remote from Amazon for only $10 and it works perfectly on my D7000. If you end up buying a D7K, you'll love it. It's a fantastic camera.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Ok thank you everyone that has the camera says its a great camera so I think I will buy one soon

Most reactions

Back