D70s Focus Assist light problem

ajmall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photodrew.co.uk
I was using my D70s in a night club last night taking crowd and DJ shots. Obviously in a dark situation the focus assist light is paramount yet the light would only come on when the centre focus area was selected. The camera/lens would just try and focus but it couldn't due to the low light.

Anyone else heard of this or experienced it? It's never happend before to me.

It could be the assist light is focused on where the center area is so you can get enough light strength to assit in focusing. You might just use your center selector for focusing so you can use the assist then just recompose with focus lock. Or if you are worried with exposure or something with the lock then after you get focus just flip to manual focus so the camera doesn't adjust. I do this all the time with my f100 and macro work.

zedin said:
It could be the assist light is focused on where the center area is so you can get enough light strength to assit in focusing. You might just use your center selector for focusing so you can use the assist then just recompose with focus lock. Or if you are worried with exposure or something with the lock then after you get focus just flip to manual focus so the camera doesn't adjust. I do this all the time with my f100 and macro work.

ah ok, never thought of that though it helps if i take the pictures quickly and i'm pretty sure it's worked before without using the centre AF area... i'll read the manual and see

Most reactions

New Topics

Back