D70s Realtime PC View

Anubis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bryanmansell.co.uk
Does anyone know if it is possible (or which software I can use) to connect my D70s to my PC and use my monitor to review shots as I take them?

I remember when I was having my graduation photos taken the photographer's camera was hooked up to his laptop and as soon as he took the picture you could have a look on the laptop and decide if it was good enough, or have him re-shoot.

I'd quite like to be able to do this :)

Any help much appreciated!

Nikon Capture does it.

Yes, Capture will let you control all normal camera functions from the keyboard while tethered and save the file as generated to your PC while displaying each image as created.

Thanks for the info! Looking for the software you suggested I found and I'm now downloading a trial version of Nikon Camera Control Pro now, which I believe is the part I am looking for minus the image editing package.

Thanks again, much appreciated!

Just thought I'd confirm that it worked. To get it to work I had to change the method the camera uses to conect to the PC (in the menu, from Mass Storage to P2P), and in doing so found that Windows recognises it automatically as an imaging device and the additional software isn't necessary at all unless you want to control the camera from the PC as well.

:)

Thanks again guys for pointing me in the right direction!

Most reactions

Back