D70s takes long to save

F0kke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Since I have bought my D70s I noticed that it takes quite a while for the camera to save a long-exposure shot after it is taken (being 30 sec or so). After the shot has been taken I hear the mirror flipping back as normal and then the top display simple displays 'Job nr'. This message is blinking for the exact same amount of time as my shutter speed. Afterwards I see the green led lighting up, indicating that my photo to is being saved to the card, and the camera is ready for its next shot. Yesterday night I timed it and was surprised: When I do an exposure of 1 minute, 'Job nr' is displayed after the exposure for a duration of 1 minute, before the photo is saved. When I do an exposure of 2 minutes, it is displayed for 2 minutes.

When 'Job nr' is displayed after taking a shot and I turn of the camera while it is still blinking this message the camera saves the shot instantly, so after turning it back on I can directly take the following shot.

Why is this 'Job nr' displayed? Is the camera processing the image information or enhancing the image? Do I want the camera to do this, and if not, how can I turn such a feature off? Should this take so long? It doesn't seem to matter whether I shoot raw or jpg.

That's Noise reduction and yes you do want it. But no, you don't want it for exposures shorter than 5 seconds.

Read this

Yes, it's kenrockwell, but he's actually kind of right on this:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d200/d200-dark.htm

read it carefully.

Great article, this cleared it all up! Thx!

Most reactions

Back