D7100 high iso

jl1975

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I picked up a D7100 a few weeks ago and I just had a chance to try out the high iso capability of it. My son had a wrestling tournament at an old arena. The lighting wasn't great so I boosted the iso up to 4000 in order to get a fast enough shutter speed. Here is the crop at 100% followed by the shot itself. No editing for noise or anything. I know it's not perfect, but for iso 4000 I think it's pretty good; my D3000 couldn't have come close to this. My son is the one in blue and this was taken right before he ended up pinning his opponent for the win.

$DSC_0177.jpg$DSC_0177a.jpg

I think you are a proud parent and a proud photographer showing off with with success stories :) (I would do the same LOL).

Nikon is the king of high ISO and with the D7100 they pushed that bar a little bit higher still.

Enjoy your fantastic camera and be proud of your son :thumbup:

I think you are a proud parent and a proud photographer showing off with with success stories :) (I would do the same LOL).

Nikon is the king of high ISO and with the D7100 they pushed that bar a little bit higher still.

Definitely a proud parent. Of course, I already was before the tournament but it doesn't hurt when they do well too!

Definitely a proud parent. Of course, I already was before the tournament but it doesn't hurt when they do well too!

Enjoy these days, once they are gone then they are really gone, saver every moment as they really do grow up too fast :(

Most reactions

Back