D7200 after 2 months

jaomul

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Pulled the trigger on a d7200 last night. I was humming and hawwing for over 8 weeks. Recently made the poor decision to offload my d7100 which I pretty much immediately regretted. Thought about a d610 and even a d700 but the d7200 won out eventually, though at least now will have a backup also as I aquired a d3100 in the interim for a knockdown price,next purchase, dual camera carrier.

Congrats buddy, I will really be interested to know your opinion what is the real difference in low light comparing the D7100 and D7200.
Awesome camera dude, I am sure you will LOVE it :)

Enjoy it in good health!

I spent some time at dPreview a couple weeks ago using one of their comparison tools, comparing the D7200 against the D7100, D750,D810,Canon 5D Mark III, and 5DS R (the new 50 MP model). The D7200 has an exceptional sensor in it. They said it is probably the most ISO invariant camera they have ever tested. On a shot underexposed by 5 EV, with the camera set to ISO 100, the D7200's image, with the black image "lifted" in software, the D7200 image shows slight noise, but no banding, and no real chroma noise (no colored speckles). It blows away the Canon 5D-II and the 5DS R, easily; both those have horrible chroma noise. The D7100 has strong, easily-seen horizontal banding (luminance noise) in its shadows. I think the D7200's sensor is really exceptional. See for yourself in this screen capture I made.

D7200 vs Contemporaries.jpg photo - Derrel photos at pbase.com

I'm interested again in the d7100 or d7200. Sometimes I take photos of commercial jetliners like 9 miles away so the cropping factor and ISO helps.
Right now I think my d600 is better than my d7000 in total image quality, but it still suffers. My new 1,000mm lens is still getting set up properly (I can't track & focus a scope fast enough).

I'm still trying to catch the International Space Station zoom past which is a "few" miles further up than commercial jetliners.

I spent some time at dPreview a couple weeks ago using one of their comparison tools, comparing the D7200 against the D7100, D750,D810,Canon 5D Mark III, and 5DS R (the new 50 MP model). The D7200 has an exceptional sensor in it. They said it is probably the most ISO invariant camera they have ever tested. On a shot underexposed by 5 EV, with the camera set to ISO 100, the D7200's image, with the black image "lifted" in software, the D7200 image shows slight noise, but no banding, and no real chroma noise (no colored speckles). It blows away the Canon 5D-II and the 5DS R, easily; both those have horrible chroma noise. The D7100 has strong, easily-seen horizontal banding (luminance noise) in its shadows. I think the D7200's sensor is really exceptional. See for yourself in this screen capture I made.

D7200 vs Contemporaries.jpg photo - Derrel photos at pbase.com

That's good to know, thanks. It's not the most well reviewed camera. What I mean by that is most reviews are so similar, almost a cut and paste of each other, all saying it's a d7100 with WiFi and better buffer. Now I was happy with the d7100, so the fact this may be an improvement is great news

Third time lucky. Bought the d7200 in a local shop yesterday. Tried twice to buy beforehand. Problem with a local shop which had unfortunately closed since and a dodgy online problem.

Anyway it's here now. I'll hopefully get a good run with it over next few days

Third time lucky. Bought the d7200 in a local shop yesterday. Tried twice to buy beforehand. Problem with a local shop which had unfortunately closed since and a dodgy online problem.

Anyway it's here now. I'll hopefully get a good run with it over next few days
Love to hear your report after you got some experience with the camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back