D750 Service & Parts

BananaRepublic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I sent my 750 off for a recall and are some waiting and hounding it'll be sent back to me "shortly", but Nikons repair invoice, which free of charge, include:

Full Service including sensor clean.
Part 111HY Shutter Plate Unit.

The recal was to do with the High speed shutter fault but will this plate also fix the Err/freezing issue that I was having. Is the shutter plate a new shutter mechanism or just the actual metal shutters.

best
Banana R,

I'll be following this thread since I haven't sent mine in for servicing, and I don't want to until I know more. Plus mine works right now.

I'll be following this thread since I haven't sent mine in for servicing, and I don't want to until I know more. Plus mine works right now.

Well has yours been called for a services advisory?

This tread has more on this,
D750 "ERR" Alert ?? (May contain exploding cars)

Mine is part of the second service advisory (the one regarding shutter). Originally people said it was just high speed sync that was the recall issue, which I didn't like but could live with.

Currently my only symptom is the "err" message for my first shot of the day, regardless of shutter speed (can be 1/100 doesn't matter). And sometimes I don't get the error message at all. One time I got 3 err messages in a row, but that was only one time about a year ago.

My shutter count is ridiculously low.

But ya, short answer is I'm on the service advisory. :-/

When your camera is in repair they might do much more then what you asked for.
I sent my D750 for a check up and there was a long list of stuff they replaced which I never ased for like the rubber grip and other things.
Camera worked well before and worked well after, still works great!

Well has yours been called for a services advisory?

This tread has more on this,
D750 "ERR" Alert ?? (May contain exploding cars)

Mine is part of the second service advisory (the one regarding shutter). Originally people said it was just high speed sync that was the recall issue, which I didn't like but could live with.

Currently my only symptom is the "err" message for my first shot of the day, regardless of shutter speed (can be 1/100 doesn't matter). And sometimes I don't get the error message at all. One time I got 3 err messages in a row, but that was only one time about a year ago.

My shutter count is ridiculously low.

But ya, short answer is I'm on the service advisory. :-/

When you say second advisory what do you mean, did the email you again demanding the camera back or was it for a new issue. Bought mine Sept 2015 is yours older.

Got the camera back this morning haven't done anything with it yet mind.

When you say second advisory what do you mean, did the email you again demanding the camera back or was it for a new issue. Bought mine Sept 2015 is yours older.

Idk. The first service advisory allowed you to enter your product serial #. Mine was fine.

The second service advisory also allowed you to enter your product serial #. Mine was affected. Bought mine I forget when actually I'll have to check.

Idk. The first service advisory allowed you to enter your product serial #. Mine was fine.

The second service advisory also allowed you to enter your product serial #. Mine was affected. Bought mine I forget when actually I'll have to check.

I only had one service advisory, maybe by that stage they had balled to two into one.

Most reactions

Back