D750 warranty: Just wanted to double check?

PaulWog

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I haven't sent my D750 in for warranty repairs yet (the second shutter recall problem involving "Err" messages).

I am wondering if anyone knows for certain: Did Nikon say they will repair that problem even if warranty has expired? As in, 1 year after expiry, 5 years, etc?

I just don't want to have to send it in within the next 2 months. I'd rather use it until it becomes a hassle. I just can't seem to find a definite answer. I emailed Nikon but they gave me a canned response, might not have time to call them for a while, and hoping to have peace of mind (would prefer to have one less deadline on my mind). There's never really a good time to send your DSLR off for realistically 3+ weeks.

Only if a service advisory was issued. IIRC they have only issued them for the "shading" issue.

My D600 was returned to me in 9 days, my D610 in 10. Others on the East Coast had similar times.

There's never really a good time to send your DSLR off for realistically 3+ weeks.
Which is why many of us have at least 1 back up DSLR.
Working photographers having NPS (Nikon Professional Services) qualification, get priority warranty service and have back up gear mainly so they don't disrupt their business.

I would send it in. Mine is back in for the 4th time for that problem. They are going to repair it under warranty because the 3rd repair was less than 90 days sounded like they would not cover their repair for more than 90 days.

There's never really a good time to send your DSLR off for realistically 3+ weeks.
Which is why many of us have at least 1 back up DSLR.
Working photographers having NPS (Nikon Professional Services) qualification, get priority warranty service and have back up gear mainly so they don't disrupt their business.
WOW, NPS requires 2 camera bodies and at least 2 Nikon lenses. They now have a point system and you need at least 1,000 points for NPS.

Luckily I have 1250 on a quick perusal for points.

Only if a service advisory was issued. IIRC they have only issued them for the "shading" issue.
My D600 was returned to me in 9 days, my D610 in 10. Others on the East Coast had similar times.

Do you know if there was? I'll probably just call to confirm. I know that I visited a webpage on Nikon's site, and entered in my serial #. It came back with "Service needed" or whatever. It didn't do that on the original flare issue recall, but there was a second webpage for the Err thing (though they didn't call it that, they just called it "Shading problems").

I am very hopeful Nikon will say "Yes just contact us if there's an issue related to the shutter any time in the next 5 or so years". I may go for 3 years without issue, or it might be 5 months, I don't know. I only get "Err" sometimes when I start the camera up, as things stand currently.

I am very afraid of having to send my camera in 4 times! Holy crap that's a lot. Proper shipping & handling with insurance will break the bank. I'm not in a position to do that. I just want my camera to work, I want it to work for 5+ years, and then eventually I'll switch to something more compact that performs as well or better at a cheaper price.

Do you know if there was? I'll probably just call to confirm. I know that I visited a webpage on Nikon's site, and entered in my serial #. It came back with "Service needed" or whatever. It didn't do that on the original flare issue recall, but there was a second webpage for the Err thing (though they didn't call it that, they just called it "Shading problems").

I am very hopeful Nikon will say "Yes just contact us if there's an issue related to the shutter any time in the next 5 or so years". I may go for 3 years without issue, or it might be 5 months, I don't know. I only get "Err" sometimes when I start the camera up, as things stand currently.

I am very afraid of having to send my camera in 4 times! Holy crap that's a lot. Proper shipping & handling with insurance will break the bank. I'm not in a position to do that. I just want my camera to work, I want it to work for 5+ years, and then eventually I'll switch to something more compact that performs as well or better at a cheaper price.

If they ask for it back then the pay for it

Now I'm not so sure switching to the D750 would be worth it after reading this haha.

Hope you get your D750 fixed.

I think nerwin at this stage in the game you have been flushed out by dogs and grenades and are clearly a "Nikon Basher", hence forth you will be known as ner-do-well.

I think nerwin at this stage in the game you have been flushed out by dogs and grenades and are clearly a "Nikon Basher", hence forth you will be known as ner-do-well.

Excuse me? I'm in no way a Nikon basher.

I honestly don't give a crap about brands, I could switch to Canon and be happy. But I prefer Nikon.

Sorry if I offended you.

I haven't called Nikon yet. I am very hopeful this issue is covered beyond the warranty date. My preference is to hold on to my camera until it is actually functionally affected (currently it is only affected on startup, which is functionally not important).

I will update this thread when I have, for the benefit of anyone else with a Nikon D750.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back