D7500 unboxing

greybeard

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK, I already have a D750 with some nice lenses so why in the world would I buy a D7500? It is the BUFFER. With it set to JPEG Fine, it will click away longer than I care to count. When I'm tracking bird and other wildlife the D750 just doesn't have enough buffer and you get that click,click,click,click,click,click..........................click.........................click...............click.................etc. That just drives me nuts. I'm dealing on a Tamron 150-600 that should be here in the next couple of weeks and the D7500 and the Tami will be joined together and will probably never part other than for some periodic cleaning.

What I like:
Obviously the big buffer
Smooth and quiet well damped shutter release.
Very fast focus and so far spot on.
U1 and U2, I use this all the time
I don't do video but it seems to be nice
extended ISO. I like to shoot in Manual with Auto ISO. Works for me.
Touch screen. Nice feature
Tilting screen. Love this especially for bug shooting down low.

What is missing that I miss:
Easy ISO, When I shoot aperture priority
Battery grip, I don't really have to have it but it would be a nice option.
DoF preview. I use it once in a while

The omission of these features was not a game changer and I feel that if they were added it would really hurt the sales of the D500. The huge buffer and tilting screen really suit my shooting style better than any other camera.

What do you mean by easy ISO? Are you talking auto ISO or something else?

EDIT- googled and saw. Interesting.

Last edited:

What do you mean by easy ISO? Are you talking auto ISO or something else?

EDIT- googled and saw. Interesting.
Easy ISO is a setting available on the D7000-D7100-D7200 that when using Aperture Priority the main command wheel adjusts ISO and the sub command the aperture. The D7500 does not have this setting.

It sure is a handsome body! Love the modern styling cues it has. I have never used Easy ISO, but is sure sounds like a GREAT feature for shooters who like to use Aperture-priority auto (as do many folks, including me).

It's odd that the D7500 is so often raked over the coals in online forum talk, mostly because it has only one memory card slot...you know, the way so,so,so many d-slrs did for the first ten years of the d-slr category's existence!

Congratulations on the new camera!

It sure is a handsome body! Love the modern styling cues it has. I have never used Easy ISO, but is sure sounds like a GREAT feature for shooters who like to use Aperture-priority auto (as do many folks, including me).

It's odd that the D7500 is so often raked over the coals in online forum talk, mostly because it has only one memory card slot...you know, the way so,so,so many d-slrs did for the first ten years of the d-slr category's existence!

Congratulations on the new camera!
I think the main reason for "Easy ISO" (custom setup menu D7000-D750) was to enable the shooter to change ISO when shooting with one hand. The new 7500 has moved the ISO button to just behind the shutter release so you can still "one hand it". I view the 2 card to 1 card as a cost cutting measure that was not a game changer for me but I am somewhat disappointed in this decision. I never use the DoF preview button but again, I'm disappointed that Nikon chose to omit it. The omission of the card and DoF preview button makes the camera feel a bit less "ProSumerish" and more lower line "ConSumerish". But, the improved buffer, tilting screen, and high ISO more than makeup for these omissions.

Last edited:
I've been thinking of adding a D7500. $1150 new
I also have the D750 FX
I also had a D500 DX

I've been using a D7200 - borrowed.
But last night using my telescope with the D750 I realized the tilting screen is so nice in using with a telescope. Bending down to see the d7200 LCD is just a pain in the wazoo.

Plus when hooked up to my Tamron 150-600 the same issue you have with a fast burst on the D750. The extra 1.5 crop is nicer in instances than cropping the D750 FF image. The faster FPS is really nice too in certain situations.

I was also spoiled with the D500.
Canon's cameras mostly have 1 SD card ... so if they can live on we should be able to too.
I thought I'd hold off for the Nikon Mirrorless cameras but it looks like those will be uber priced and no DX yet anyways.

Congrats!I love my D7500, my only complaint is no grippy thing:aufsmaul:

Congrats!I love my D7500, my only complaint is no grippy thing:aufsmaul:
There's a 3rd party model for a grip available.
it's designed like the Canon ones (and the D5x00) in which the connector protrudes into the battery bay and displaces the battery. The grip contains only 1 battery though and no 2nd backup battery.

oh wow,thanks astro,I didn't not know one came out.

Last edited:
Arg then that wont work as i do long exposure night and use the cable release,I have it set up SnapBridge as well but sometimes its slow connecting to camera so I always use the cable as it far more reliable.

Most reactions

Back