D7500 unboxing

Congrats!I love my D7500, my only complaint is no grippy thing:aufsmaul:
There's a 3rd party model for a grip available.
it's designed like the Canon ones (and the D5x00) in which the connector protrudes into the battery bay and displaces the battery. The grip contains only 1 battery though and no 2nd backup battery.
I looked at the Velos grip. I have a Velos for my D750 and it functions properly. The down side to the Velos grip for the D7500 is that it has no command wheels or AE button. And, you gain nothing in battery as it displaces the camera battery and only has one battery in the grip. What you do gain is a vertical shutter release. Not sure it is worth the trouble.

yeah i'll pass on the grip.getting along fine with out it.

Congrats!I love my D7500, my only complaint is no grippy thing:aufsmaul:
There's a 3rd party model for a grip available.
it's designed like the Canon ones (and the D5x00) in which the connector protrudes into the battery bay and displaces the battery. The grip contains only 1 battery though and no 2nd backup battery.
I looked at the Velos grip. I have a Velos for my D750 and it functions properly. The down side to the Velos grip for the D7500 is that it has no command wheels or AE button. And, you gain nothing in battery as it displaces the camera battery and only has one battery in the grip. What you do gain is a vertical shutter release. Not sure it is worth the trouble.
That is because there is no real connector like on other body/grips.

They displace the battery, and then use the cable to the port. They have no method to remote trigger/change for the wheels or anything.

Well I spent 35 bucks and bought the Velos grip. It came in the other day. I works as it should but unless you really need the vertical grip function, don't waste your time and money.

Yes I will pass save my money for the D850

Ever get that 150-600?

Amazing how you can learn something when you are not even looking for it. One of the things I struggled with on my D7200 was adjusting ISO in A and S priority mode. I switched to easy ISO and it made all the difference in the world. Thanks guys.

Most reactions

Back