D80 I just got

rooky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a D80 already but needed a second one guys. I was at a local camera shop yesterday and they had a used one they got from a local individual who takes good care of his stuff, or appears to. Well, anyway, he had traded this thing in to put some of it toward getting the d90. Well, the price was 389.00 , so I bought it. And I wanted desperately to get an idea of the count on the camera but I'm not sure how to do it and they guy working that day wasnt sure. I dont think he was hiding anything, he honestly just didnt seem to know. Anyway, whats the easiest way to check and whats a good number and whats too high? Anyway.... I am hoping I did well buying it, but I guess time will tell.

Oh, there was 1 downside.... no charger. So i bought another 1 for 44.00. Oh well.

well.... since you've already bought it.... who cares?

I've heard (but not used) a program called Opanda can show you shutter count (provided a firmware update was not done in the camera)...

either way.... just shoot it til it dies..... you only spent a few hundred..

ps - why would you spend another $45 buying a charger that you already have? and.... if the guy supposedly took good care of his stuff.... where is the original charger?

I wasnt sure why there was no charger. But the camera does look in good working order. And I was wondering the count for my own personnal curiosity as to whether I made a good choice. But i wanted an extra camera so i can have them at two locations. So sure i needed another charger, otherwise I dont need another camera. LOL

Doh!

gotcha..... like one in your camera bag and one in your bathroom?

Opanda DOES show the shutter count. I don't remember where I got it but I am sure you can do a search. If you post one of your pictures from that camera (straight from the camera) I will take a look and let you know.

that's a wonderful size for viewing.... it was almost done by the time i finished dinner

Dude, I know its big but I wasnt sure if modifying it would effect the ability to view the count. You dont seem to like anything, why dont you go find someone else to bother.

I think that file is too large, the forum guidelines state no images larger than 800X600 others just take too long to load

Dude, I know its big but I wasnt sure if modifying it would effect the ability to view the count. You dont seem to like anything, why dont you go find someone else to bother.

bother... hmmm.. i did suggest you use opanda so you could do this yourself... but... since you need to be spoonfed i will leave your thread as requested..... bye bye...

well obviously i posted it as is not to mess anything up with the pic. i could easily remove it later. The one guy did ask i not change the pic or so i thought. look, forget it. obviously this dEARlEADER guy is just a jerk. the thread is self explanatory. I was just asking for how to check it and the one guy offered to help. So I'll remove my pic and do whatever. looks like the jerks get their way.

completely sad if u ask me

paul, thanks for the offer anyway my friend.

TY epp_b. says my count is 5075.

Play nice roadkill? LOL I didnt think I wasn't??? I will take up for myself.... wouldnt u?

Most reactions

Back