D80 remote for bulb exposure

Boden

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.recordingproject.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can the cheapo IR remote for the D80 be used to keep the shutter open for long bulb type exposures, or is it a single press, single fire type of thing?

not sure about the D80, but you can with the D50, I've done it. So I would assume you can wit the D80. You have to switch to bulb mode on the camera, can't be done with the remote.

It does work, just tried it with my d80 (asuming bulb mode is -- in the exposure in the viewfinder), just set to remote press once to start the capture and then press again to stop the capture.

Im not sure if they all do though

i was looking for a remote on ebay for my d50, plenty of em, then i came across one and it said something like

This remote will work in bulb mode, unlike other cheap remotes out there that will not work correctly when the camera is set to bulb mode.
So
id get one that says that.. or the official nikon one to be safe.

I'll have to look again, but I think that the official Nikon one is only a little over $20. Unless an off brand is like $1, I'll probably just go with the Nikon. Well, unless it won't do bulb exposures.

Speaking of remotes, which off brands are you all using and where did you get them? I need one.

Thanks.

You can use the Nikon ML-L3 on the D50 with a bulb function, so I would expect the D80 to be the same, but no promises. I know that the D80 accepts more remotes than the D50 does, so it may not allow the bulb on the ML-L3.

The ML-L3 was the first thing I bought for my D50 after the Hoodman H-D50. I use it constantly in bulb mode and for other times when a remote is needed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back