D80, SB600, CLS, and auto fp mode isn't working...

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright so I get my sb-600 setup off camera, using the pop up flash as a commander. It works great most of the time -- just shot a mountain bike race with it -- however even when the auto-fp option in enabled in my camera's menu, it still won't let me raise my shutter speed above 1/200th. I can't figure out why to save the life of me, and I'm hoping you guys can give me a hand. I know that auto fp works off camera with my flash, I've done it on my buddie's D80. Is there a setting I need to change? Is something wrong with my camera?

UPDATE: Doesn't work on camera either, just tried it.

This may seem stupid, but your SB600 is in receiver mode or "remote" mode?

Yes, it's in remote mode. It works and flashes fine, just won't let me go over the sync speed, even when auto-fp mode is turned on.

Hmm that makes no sense.

No, it doesn't. I can't find a single thing about it anywhere on the internet, so I'm planning on calling Nikon tomorrow.

Bump. Just curious if any of you guys have any input on this. Ive given up on figuring it out for now though, i might throw my camera out the window soon if I don't take a break.

BEFORE, you throw your camera out the window, call Nikon and let the troubleshoot you. Sometimes this could be as simple as reseting the menu.
Good Luck

calling nikon now. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Alright, so according to Nikon, the D80's pop up flash does NOT support Auto-fp mode when used as a commander, so there is nothing wrong with my camera. I would have sworn that I had done it with my friends D80, but I guess not. Either way, I'm still going to borrow his d80, and try to get it to work on his, just to be sure. Thanks for the help/advice everyone. I plan on inversting in an sb-900, and an su-800 soon anyway, so It's all good either way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back