D80 & Wireless Flash Trigger?

Neuner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've searched this forum and I've read a lot about wireless flash triggering and I'm still confused on a couple of aspects. I hope you can help me with some questions.

I've read about Pocket Wizards and less reliable wireless units on ebay, but does any system use the Nikon on camera wireless as the trigger besides Nikon Flashes?

Cheapo-less-reliable wireless triggers listed on Ebay has been stated quite frequently in posts, but I haven't seen a brand name. There are now quite a few listed for auction, but I'm not sure what is legit. What brand is recommended?

Thanks!
Neuner

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Shoe-Flash-...hZ013QQcategoryZ64354QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

$16.99 +$9.99 shipping. Mine arrived in very good time and fairly good shape. (I had one that needed the battery contact slightly readjusted but other than that they all worked very well) As long as you takle care of them they should last.

Not nearly the product that the Pocket Wizard is but at less than 1/10th the price~ it'll do. :)

mike

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks, I went a head & ordered one. We'll see how it turns out!

Simple flash triggers require manual flash exposure and the balancing of multiple flashes. The use of a flash meter is highly recommended. I use this method with up to 6 flashes and pocket wizards. However, from the sound of your original question are you asking if these devices can do auto wireless TTL flash exposure? The short answer is NO. My D1X's do not have this capability, but your camera might use the new Nikon creative flash system. If it does the camera can control up to 3 sets of flashes and do automatic through the lens flash exposure. A GREAT feature and a Nikon exclusive.

No, I was looking for simple remote triggering. I didn't even think of the TTL communication. I was just wondering if any of these cheap alternatives could use the wireless Nikon signal to simply trigger one of their receivers so I didn't have to put anything on the hot shoe. My question wasn't very clear about that.

I'm using an old manual Canon flash that my Dad gave me so the simple wireless remote will do just fine. - That flash is powerful! I'm learning with this while I save up (or get wife-approval :sexywink:) for an SB-800.

Thanks for the help!

Got it in the mail yesterday. Fired off a couple of shots, blinded my Wife, does exactly what I need!

Thanks,
Neuner

Most reactions

New Topics

Back