D800 - Full size and 100% crop - 70-200 2.8 VRII handheld

Wait, what is the discussion about is here? That D800 users can crop more? Well it's true, 36 megapixels duh.

No.. the discussion was that even at 100% crop, the image was still clear and sharp. I just thought it of interest to other D800 owners, and others who might find it interesting. That the 200% crop is pretty sharp and clear... is amazing to me. I would say it is more due to the quality of the lens, and the sensor, because at 200%, 36 MP is not really an issue anymore.

Verdict:

1.My wallet is smaller than yours.

2. It's not the photographer. It's the camera!!!

hahaha... can't help you with #1.. but #2 is debatable.

yes 1DX, check its exif if you want too. the CA, either something wrong with the shooting condition or pure my bad.

yes 1DX, check its exif if you want too. the CA, either something wrong with the shooting condition or pure my bad.

Gotcha! I did check the Exif, almost always do when it is available. I would like to see a 100% crop from that body shot with adequate DOF... as a 50mm at 1.2, is not going to give a good representation of what the body is capable of.

want me to send you a raw file to you?

No need! Just take the sharpest shot you can... do a 100% crop, and post it. I shot mine at 200mm at 2.8 at ISO 100. Dupe that if you can... just for comparison! :)

There is no way mine will be beter lol :lol:
but at least it's better than my old trusty 7D

$Cropped_DX_6882.jpg

There is no way mine will be beter lol :lol:
but at least it's better than my old trusty 7D

Looks like a good body! :)

5D III

Original
$bird_small.jpg

100%
$bird_100_crop.jpg

200%
$bird_200_crop.jpg

As long as 100% crop looks legit, I am happy.

Sweet! I hope you got another shot of that.. from about the 2'o'clock position??? lol!

Most reactions

Back