D800 - Full size and 100% crop - 70-200 2.8 VRII handheld

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot this with my D800 - full resolution using my 70-200 2.8 VRII handheld. Shot at 200mm ISO100 F2.8

I find the quality that this body and lens will put out, to be amazing. Thoughts? All I did was a very small sharpening on these... nothing else.

Full Frame
$_DSC2341-full.jpg

100% crop frame
$_DSC2341_100crop.jpg

Last edited:
basically turns your 70-200mm into a 70-400mm. Dang impressive. You're just trying to cause me to spend an insane wad of cash aren't you? What do you have against my wallet?

basically turns your 70-200mm into a 70-400mm. Dang impressive. You're just trying to cause me to spend an insane wad of cash aren't you? What do you have against my wallet?

hahaha... didn't think about that! I had better not post the 200% crop.. it looks pretty good too! :) lol!

Charlie. Sit down for a sec. Think. No, really think. What are you setting yourself up for? Because now, with images like that, you cannot blame the equipment if anything is wrong with the image. It becomes about you. Every time you don't get the perfect, absolutely perfect shot, it's because Charlie couldn't pull it off. Now do you really want to be in such a corner? Because, you can't blame the equipment. Not that you ever have. But now there's just no slack. Uh uh. If it ain't just jaw-dropping gorgeous, it's because Charlie couldn't do it. Ooof. That's pressure. And if you feel that pressure getting to you, well, I'll be happy to help you in that regard. Why, without any additional cost on your side, I'll make the magnamious gesture of replacing that unforgiving machinery with something that gives you an out. Yeah. So the image isn't perfect. Oh well, you squeezed what you could out of the equipment. Let me know when you want me to help you relieve that pressure. What are internet friends for?

Charlie. Sit down for a sec. Think. No, really think. What are you setting yourself up for? Because now, with images like that, you cannot blame the equipment if anything is wrong with the image. It becomes about you. Every time you don't get the perfect, absolutely perfect shot, it's because Charlie couldn't pull it off. Now do you really want to be in such a corner? Because, you can't blame the equipment. Not that you ever have. But now there's just no slack. Uh uh. If it ain't just jaw-dropping gorgeous, it's because Charlie couldn't do it. Ooof. That's pressure. And if you feel that pressure getting to you, well, I'll be happy to help you in that regard. Why, without any additional cost on your side, I'll make the magnamious gesture of replacing that unforgiving machinery with something that gives you an out. Yeah. So the image isn't perfect. Oh well, you squeezed what you could out of the equipment. Let me know when you want me to help you relieve that pressure. What are internet friends for?

That is very kind of you! But I couldn't do that to you.. because then you would have no excuse! It just wouldn't be fair of me to dump a problem like that on you. It is kind of a nice problem to have, lol! :)

Dang. ;)

So the next barrier will be to represent reality as it could have been, in a perfect world.

Oh wait. The fashion mags already do that.

Dang. ;)

So the next barrier will be to represent reality as it could have been, in a perfect world.

Oh wait. The fashion mags already do that.

I have always wanted on of THOSE "perfect" types they show in the Fashion Mags...! :) (I hear they come with a mute button and an off switch!) ;)

Last edited:
yeah the d800 and 2.8 lenses make you look at good pictures at 100% all the time

yeah the d800 and 2.8 lenses make you look at good pictures at 100% all the time

You can get good shots if you do it right.. but it makes it harder too, because you HAVE to do it right!! (or it shows up very clearly!) :)

The 800 is a fine camera. Why didn't you spring for the 800E? Moire never turned out to be a problem with it unless provoked, and it does yield a better image.

Not that the 800 with the A/A is a bad camera.. haha

I see some purple fringing around the flower....lol

That thing is sweet....

with canon you get this at 100% crop from that far.
p851660522-4.jpg

CANNON RULZ NIKON DROOLZ!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back