D800 shooting menu banks. What are you using?

zulu42

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I really need to start taking advantage of some customizable features of this camera. I'm still shooting it like the D5100 but with external controls.
I built a shooting bank for shooting birds, but it didn't pan out. I set it up with auto ISO and didn't take a liking to it.
I plan on setting up a bank for portraits and static objects with different AF settings. Other than that, though, I will still shoot raw, usually manual but it is easy enough to put it in a priority mode, not really sure what other settings I would build into the shooting menu.

Do you use shooting menu banks? For what shooting scenario and preferences?

Thanks!

Zac

Thanks Derrel. Very good articles and give me a better understanding than the field guide alone. What I need to set up are the Custom Menu Banks, not Shooting Menu banks.

It will definitely take some time to set them up, then more time to get used to using them, but I think it will pay off.

I set these up a long time ago and I no longer use them. The best option for me was to just put what I don't have a button for and changed frequently into the "My Menu". There I have Auto ISO, Exp. Delay Mode, Self-Timer, and then a long list of others that are just there to fill out the menu.

It might be worthwhile to make your Custom Menu Banks first as that way you will know what are the items to put into "My Menu".

Very helpful thanks Dave

Lol, well, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one!

Thanks for the reply

I made a landscape/stills mode for tripod use. So far just a 2 sec shutter delay with a 1 sec mirror delay. Thinking about using back button focus.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back