D800 strap question & RRS mount question

bs0604

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am going to be getting a D800 and good lenses -- 14-24, 24-70 & 70-200 mm. I would like to get an excellent strap and have read favorable posts for the BlackRapid strap. However, since I will be doing mainly tripod mounted photos (I have a Really Right Stuff head) and the BlackRapid strap screws into the camera's tripod site, isn't it going to be a hassle to unscrew the strap every time I want to attach the camera to the tripod?

For those of you familiar with RRS equipment. I currently have the RRS BH-40 ballhead I use with my D90. When I get the new camera & lenses is the BH-40 sufficient or will I need to move up to the Bh-55?

Look at the op/tech strap. Over half the cost and attaches to the side of camera. I use on my gripped 60d which gives me a 2nd purchase point.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I'm currently using a D90 with the 14-24, 24-70, and 70-200 with my RRS BH-30 without issues (also have a D800 on order). You should be fine with the BH-40.

As for the strap, I believe the RRS L-bracket has a thread mount you can use to attach the Black Rapid strap.

I was just checking on RRS's website. They are taking pre-orders on L-plates for the D800/800e body alone ($140) and for the D800/800e with MB-D12 battery grip ($190).

just wow. and I thought Nikon's grip for it was high.....

Most reactions

Back