D810 @ ISO 6400-12800

ruifo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some people complain about noise levels at high ISO with the D810.
I've been taking several high ISO shots with the D810, and am pretty happy with the results I'm getting.
Here some samples.

15115977609_b3fc7c371f_b.jpg

D810 @ ISO 6400

15116191677_d08cc22f00_b.jpg

D810 @ ISO 6400

15116190997_f4ace96ea7_b.jpg

D810 @ ISO 6400

15405992464_ab0fbde06e_b.jpg

D810 @ ISO 6400

15408614193_98f6d55275_b.jpg

D810 @ ISO 6400

15694775021_84e6a7025e_b.jpg

D810 @ ISO 6400

nice images. I don't know, what's the difference in ISO capability from the D800 but I would expect similar results (edited and normalized) from it. People tend to look at things print size or larger.

How much noise reduction was applied? In camera or post?

Looks like some are suffering from a lack of overall sharpeness that come from too much NR.

nice images. I don't know, what's the difference in ISO capability from the D800 but I would expect similar results (edited and normalized) from it. People tend to look at things print size or larger.

That's right. Real life samples show how good it behaves at high ISO settings.

looks really good to me. :)

As a matter of record what sort of processing have you subjected your images to?

Are they scaled full frame or cropped shots? Did you use any of the in camera noise reduction algorithms (or external NR)?

Will you provide a sample or two cropped in so we can see the actual noise? At less than 1 megapixel (one of your images is 1024x601) I wouldn't expect to see too much noise.

How much noise reduction was applied? In camera or post?

Looks like some are suffering from a lack of overall sharpeness that come from too much NR.

The NR setting varies a lot from picture to picture... So it's just personal taste, in the end, and it works good to my eyes.

looks really good to me. :)

As a matter of record what sort of processing have you subjected your images to?

Are they scaled full frame or cropped shots? Did you use any of the in camera noise reduction algorithms (or external NR)?

Will you provide a sample or two cropped in so we can see the actual noise? At less than 1 megapixel (one of your images is 1024x601) I wouldn't expect to see too much noise.

Correct exposure and good use of the available light are key. All these shots are with natural light, no flash involved (I am not a flash shooter myself). I always shoot in RAW and develop in Lightroom 5.6, with: lens corrections, flat picture profile, and personal taste for contrast, highlights, shadows (don't try to recover shadows you don't need), clarity and luminescence controls. As I said, the NR setting varies a lot from picture to picture... So it's just personal taste, in the end, and it works good to my eyes. With the wrong exposure, I get bad noise results, but with the correct exposure, the D810 really delivers it well to me. I'm pretty happy with my high ISO results.

I do use the in-camera NR, but as far as I know, that only affects RAW file on long exposures, not short exposures. I shoot RAW 99% of the time.

You can see the real 1:1 size of them all in my Flickr account (see the link on my forum signature below). I make it all available at Flickr (Flickr: ruimc77's Photostream)

I also compare prints at our club and there is no difference just you have to pay double to get same quality

Most reactions

New Topics

Back