D90 bracketing

kkayser

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I want to use my D90 in manual mode. I use a remote flash only. I would like to bracket the exposures, but the camera brackets by changing the shutter speed. I would like to bracket by changing the aperture. Can it be done with this camera?

Page 92 of manual covers all the bracketing options and it states that brackets are controlled by Flash, Aperture, WB, ISO, shutter speed , thought I have only done the typical shutter speed for HDR, I would expect you to have to be in Aperture Priority to vary the aperture instead of the shutter speed (only guess here), but have never tried it. Worth some experimenting I think, let me know if you figure it out sounds cool. I expect you will get better information when the experts chime in.

I don't know, but I'd think that you would want to be in Shutter priority, to get the aperture to change for auto bracketing.

Just curious though, what do you want the aperture to change for your bracketing, rather than the shutter speed?

I don't know, but I'd think that you would want to be in Shutter priority, to get the aperture to change for auto bracketing.

Just curious though, what do you want the aperture to change for your bracketing, rather than the shutter speed?

I'm using a remote flash. changing shutter speed has no effect except to block off part of the image if it is set too short (over 1/200th) on this camera.

Using aperture priority does not work because the camera sets the shutter speed way too long, causing blur.

Just put the camera into manual and bracket the shots yourself.

The D90 also has Auto FP sync mode so it can do strobed light photography at shutter speeds shorter than 1/200. (Page 195, menu e5)

However, when using strobed light shutter speed isn't used in the same way as it is with only ambient light.

Motion stopping is accomplish by choosing curtain sync and the duration of the flash of light. At full power a Nikon speedlight has a flash duration of about 1/1000 sec.

Most reactions

Back