D90 Focus problems

bfgnyc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there i have recently bought a Nikon D90 with the kit lens. I am relatively new to digitial slr cameras as i mainly use a medium format Rolleicord.

the problem im am having is that when i manually focus on a distant detailed object at the widest angle setting it appears in the viewfinder to be in perfect focus, but when i view the photo back on the computer its slighty out of focus.

Is there anyway i can ensure total focus when using manual focus on distant objects.

im not used to veiwing through a small viewfinder:lol:.

Even when using manual focus, there is a small green dot that appears on the left hand side of your viewfinder info that indicates the shot is in focus. It will stay illuminated as long as the shot is in focus. Just make sure the focus point selected is on the subject your focusing on. Some people also use live view and zoom in to see the details prior to pressing the shutter.

I just move the focus ring slightly and take a burst, so one is destined to be in focus. Really helpful at F/1.8

Just curious if there is any reason why you aren't just using AF? There is a green dot that lights up when focus is achieved as already mentioned. GL
TJ

could be that your viewfinder adjustment is slightly off for your vision.
should be a little sliding switch with a + and -

And if you want to do manual focus a lot there is that Katz focus split screen or w.e. it is.
TJ

Do you wear eye glasses?

I've taken shots before without my eye glasses that look HORRIBLE when I put my glasses back on. The same thing applies when my glasses tint outdoors which causes my pictures to look over exposed!

Hi there i have recently bought a Nikon D90 with the kit lens. I am relatively new to digitial slr cameras as i mainly use a medium format Rolleicord.

the problem im am having is that when i manually focus on a distant detailed object at the widest angle setting it appears in the viewfinder to be in perfect focus, but when i view the photo back on the computer its slighty out of focus.

Is there anyway i can ensure total focus when using manual focus on distant objects.

im not used to veiwing through a small viewfinder:lol:.
What lens are we talking about? Is it a parfocal lens by chance?

Most reactions

Back