D90 Grip and flash.

tman52

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm now in the market for a good battery grip and a flash. Hoping someone will point me in a good direction. I'm a frugal person so I want to stay a cheap as possible. Thanks for the help in advance! :D

One of the sponsered vendors sells grips. Amazon has a wide selection as well ;)

I've looked through plenty of them. I just want some recommendation. :)

Photixx Battery grip would be my choice.
Have had one for 18 months and no problems.

I'm a frugal person so I want to stay a cheap as possible.
Frugal, and as cheap as possible are not the same thing.

Often the frugal buying decision means spending quite a bit more than 'as cheap as possible'.

Last edited:
Grip: Meike
Flashlight: Nikin SB-700

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
You know you can turn that automatic phone SPAM off.

This D90 vertical grip is quite popular and has a good reputation - Zeikos ZE-NBG90 Battery Power Grip for Digital Camera Nikon D80 D90

If you spend time to do some research about how to use the camera and a flash unit in manual modes, you don't need to spend $330 on a SB-700 - Nikon SB-700 AF Speedlight Flash for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras and can instead get a less than $100 flash unit - Vivitar 285HV Auto Professional Flash

Yongnuo YN-560 Speedlight Flash for Canon and Nikon

Yongnuo Flash Speedlite Yn-460ii for Nikon Canon Pentax

Vivitar DF383 Digital TTL Shoe Mount Power Zoom /Swivel /Bounce Auto-Focus Flash for Canon TTL, Guide Number 45m (147')

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
djacobox372 said:
I'd buy a nikon sb-28 for the flash... you won't have TTL but it's fantastic and only around $60-75 on ebay.

X2
I got mine for $75 shipped and it works pretty darn good. It gets used both on and off camera.

Most reactions

Back