D90 or D300-Worth the cost?

Deciding between the D90 or the D300? I had the same choice some months ago and went with the D300...and have not regretted for one moment!

Until then I had a D70 for almost 5 years and I loved it. I thought about keeping it as a backup, but opted to give it to my daughter instead (and glad I did, by the way)

Since getting the D300 I took it on a trip to Kenya, Africa. One of the reasons I bought the D300 was concern over the dust, dirt and potential physical abuse I would certainly encounter while on a safari, and the D300 is just built more solid than the D90 or the D70.

Just my $0.02 worth.

p

i have the D300s, i had a D90, its a world of difference! 51 pt. focus, faster shooting rate. mg. body, weather seal, I love the D300s. go for it

I had the D80 and then the D200 and then the D300.... The Number one advantage to the D300 over the D80 was I could change settings sooo much faster on the D300...I did not need go into the menu screen to change things like ISO.

Plus if you start using long lenses you will like the stability on the metal body of the D300.

Both are great camera's though.

Cheers, joe

The D90 is classified as a Mid-Range DSLR where the D300 is classified as a Semi-Pro camera. They are both very good cameras. Just not in the same class.

The D300/D300S is a better built camera. Hold the D90 in your had and then the D300... the D300 is more solid feel to it. (metal body)

Don't get me wrong, you'll like the D90 too. But it depends on what you are shooting.

Also, if your not biased... Check out the Canon 50D. It falls in between. But its not a Nikon. :)

Nikon D90 It persuaded me! (Personally the "feel" of the camera is not worth an extra even $200. I have heard of very few cases of a plastic Nikon body breaking or not holding up in a situation the a metal body would. Seriously, do you plan on throwing your camera around on a daily bases?)

I would trade my D90 for a D300 in a heartbeat.....for all the reasons KmH listed. I've actually contemplated selling my D90 to pick up a used D300....but sports is a big reason why and it will still be 2 or 3 years until my son starts playing sports. By then I will probably be able to get a used D400 for fairly cheap.

I had the D80 and then the D200 and then the D300.... The Number one advantage to the D300 over the D80 was I could change settings sooo much faster on the D300...I did not need go into the menu screen to change things like ISO.
Cheers, joe

I am shooting a D80 and I do not have to go into the menus to change ISO. Press the ISO button on the right back, the ISO is displayed on the top LCD, rotate the rear dial until you get what you want, release, easy!

Allan

Ya it will be great if they both get active on this forum...
and share their exp. with gaming...

Most reactions

Back