D90 or D700?

"The D700 joins the D3 as a fully-fledged 'professional' model; it has the same tank-like build quality (though we're sure the pop-up flash will cause a few raised eyebrows), and gets you the full pro service from Nikon."

:D

full pro service from Nikon?... is that like keys to the executive washrooms?

besides... these are my labels and there is nothing you can do to take them away....;)

or you can wait until November 20th then Nikon will introduce new cameras with 20+ mp

:shock: I didn't know that. I guess reading engadget is not enough :lol:
D90 came out this year so we won't see any update on that? In other words, will I get a better Nikon for $1000 after the 20th?

Cheers,

I'd think no. Nikon doesn't release new model cameras every 2 months... traditionally its every 12-24 months.

They will likely release revised editions to match the competition, though, like a D3 to D3x (higher MPs?), to match their nemesis Canon... lol

:shock: I didn't know that. I guess reading engadget is not enough :lol:
D90 came out this year so we won't see any update on that? In other words, will I get a better Nikon for $1000 after the 20th?

That's a technology battle you can never win. You always get more or pay less if you wait... but then if you wait just a little longer...........

that's why I want to make a somewhat substantial leap foreward with out spending too much on something that will be relatively obsolete in a couple of years

I need 20+ Mp to contain all of my awesomeness. And because my computer monitor is 120 inchs and all of my pictures are printed for billboards.

Yea lol I don't see the need for anything past 6-10 Mp unless you are making extraordinarily large prints.

A benefit other than large prints for large MP would also be cropping. If you are limited in your lens, and don't want to scare wildlife away, or can't get closer, more MP is nice to have.

I would have loved to have more MP at the hockey game I took my camera to. Though, a better camera would have been even better yet. I did have to crop quite a bit with my 380 mm (35 mm equiv.) lens. I nearly had do duck under the banners hanging in the rafters I was so high up. Yet, I have photos that look like I was on the glass, but the quality is a bit rougher because of how much they were cropped.

THat was kind of my thoughts too. I think the D2x is best served as a FF backup to a D3 or D700...maybe a cheaper backup for a FF wedding photog.
lol same with the nsx

Most reactions

Back