D90 Shipped!

Yeah.. that's what I was worried about is shooting RAW + JPEG. What's the average file size for a RAW file and a JPEG file off of the D90? Anyone?

What's the average file size for a RAW file and a JPEG file off of the D90? Anyone?

Here's what i found googling..

4345847368_74b8b44529_o.jpg

...looks like 45 pictures PER gig Large Fine JPEG + RAW.

Congrats on the purchase, it's so exciting to look forward to something new arriving. Watch the Staples ads. Every other week or so they have 4gb Sandisk Ultra for $20. Larger cards on sale as well. I just always have it in the back of m mind that if a card goes down I don't want to have it be a huge amount of data on it.

I'd recommend 4GB minimum, 8GB maximum. If you shoot RAW you really shouldn't need JPG's in the highest resolution at the best setting. I figure if I'm shooting RAW, those are me editing files while the JPG's are there for quick emails, web posts, etc. Especially shooting non-pro/non-paid work.

Haha I forgot the link indeed.

Well I'm on my phone now, so I'll just type it out.

I use the Lexar Professional 4gb 133x sd card. It's a class 6, and their 8gb is a class 10.

I think it was $40

I wish had read your post sooner, but check out www.kieselbags.com. They're a small company in San Diego. I bought one of their back packs. I recently got a D-90 also with two kit lenses and a SB-600 speedlite plus all the other little junk you have to put in there. The bag had great quality, well designed etc. I was really tight on money, and couldn't believe their prices. Check them out, just in case. Tom Beard

Ah, thanks for that. Unfortunately my budget has completely dried up now and I won't be able to spend any money on camera stuff for a long time... or until I get a job. Tough work trying to balance school, social life and a potential job all at the same time. Being an aerospace engineering major doesn't leave me with much free time to begin with :meh:

Sweet! I just got notification that it arrived at our package center here on campus. Unfortunately they don't open til noon, so I have to wait 20 minutes! This is torture! :lol:

I haven't had much time to play around with it, had class at 1 and another one at 3 then a midterm tomorrow in chem and a calc quiz I have to study for sooo I won't be able to play too much yet but this weekend should be fun. So far I am very impressed and excited to get out and start taking pictures. Haven't turned my creative eye on in a long time so it may take some time to get back up to speed.

Obviously too busy to post as he's playing around with his new toy :lol:

I'll be going through the same thing soon anm90....Lumix GF1 coming my way, hopefully in the VERY NEAR future. :)

Alex,
It looks like your bag has made it there, although you can't pick it up yet. Let me know how it works out for you!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back