d90 vs d5000

I'm starting to feel the same way about these Nikon sub-bodies that I do about things like the Porsche 924.

It's like a Porsche, only so not.

It's like a Nikon, only so not.

Yes, I'm a snob, damnit, I admit it.

I think the D90 is solid, though! :)

You crack me up man, you must be a kid. :) You're so fickle about what you like and don't like from day to day, it just cracks me up.

ugh i know. imagine how i must feel. i piss my girlfriend off real bad lol. i wouldnt say im a "kid" but i am 21? i work in a camera store so everyday i play with all these cameras and it just messes with my head!

I'm starting to feel the same way about these Nikon sub-bodies that I do about things like the Porsche 924.

It's like a Porsche, only so not.

It's like a Nikon, only so not.

Yes, I'm a snob, damnit, I admit it.

I think the D90 is solid, though! :)

if i had enough money even to buy a 924 i wouldnt waste my money. BMW is the best, and if i wanted a sports car i would get a skyline. if i had that kind of money. not that a 924 has the same price tag as a skyline lol

Although I cannot comment on specifics, i'll just give my opinion.

The D90 with kit lens is $1300 and the D5000 is around $850.

There is no doubt the D90 is a better camera, and is meant for more serious photographers. The D5000 is really aimed at the consumer market for people who really want to take shots using live view. The D90 is meant for serious enthusiasts who are not ready to spend several thousands.

Also, considering the D5000 does not have a focus motor, that in itself made the decision for me.

didnt you have a d60? that you loved i do believe?

if i had enough money even to buy a 924 i wouldnt waste my money. BMW is the best, and if i wanted a sports car i would get a skyline. if i had that kind of money. not that a 924 has the same price tag as a skyline lol

Wow that was almost a stream of consiousness.

Wow that was almost a stream of consiousness.

i dont understand the context of what you are saying? :lmao:

There is no doubt the D90 is a better camera, and is meant for more serious photographers. The D5000 is really aimed at the consumer market for people who really want to take shots using live view. The D90 is meant for serious enthusiasts who are not ready to spend several thousands.

Also, considering the D5000 does not have a focus motor, that in itself made the decision for me.

Yes, and yes!

In fact, I love my D60 do much, that it was very hard to depart from him and upgrade to the D90. But let me say, the D90 is much more loved than the D60. ;)

Yes, and yes!

In fact, I love my D60 do much, that it was very hard to depart from him and upgrade to the D90. But let me say, the D90 is much more loved than the D60. ;)

well the d5000 is the baby of both cameras combined in one

Most reactions

New Topics

Back