Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Minolta X-700 (35mm of course)
Also says "MPS" on the opposite side than X-700

Tokina AT-X lens
35-200mm F/3.5-4.5
Filter Size: 67mm

What the price of one of these puppies? Its old and may not work properly but it still does mostly work I think...

Also, my dad has it constantly at F/22 What is a good sharp f/number range to be around?

Lts of ditital lenses are sharp at f/5.6 f/8 or maybe even f/10 if its a cheap lens :p

What is a good sharp aperture for this old lens?

well, I actually have one of these cameras as well. From what I've seen, on ebay they'll run (body only) for 60-80 dollars ish. As for sharpness, I'm pretty sure that these lenses are also stopped down a couple of stops say to f8 or f11 than anywhere else. To the best of my knowledge that doesn't change between digital and film.

The MC/MD lenses are sweet glass and are workhorses capable of putting out years of faithful service. You get the right lens, and there are lots to choose from, and it looks sweet almost regardless of your set aperture. My favorite was always an old Rokkor-X MD f/1.4 fast lens. Old and beat up looking. CLean and smooth as the day it was new at 30 years old plus.

Also, my dad has it constantly at F/22 What is a good sharp f/number range to be around?
If that's the smallest f-stop for that lens, he probably keeps it there because he's using programmed mode. I imagine the sharpest aperture for that lens would be f8 or f11.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back