Daffodils

Tammy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Couldn't wait for spring, so I bought some daffodils for someone, and snuck a few shots...

P3090001G_600.jpg

19_600.jpg

15gbw_600.jpg

15gbw_gold.jpg

Tammy said:
Couldn't wait for spring, so I bought some daffodils for someone, and snuck a few shots...
It's a good thing you did because these are lovely shots. The first two are my favorites because of the macro effect. I also like the solid black background against the grayish gradients of the flowers. Did you do that intentionally or did the background turn black when you shot in B&W?

Hey Harper - I was going for the black background so I placed a black posterboard in the background and tried not to get too much light on it.

Thanks Tammy

Tammy,

In my demented mind, those first two flower shots look, um, suggestive :lol:
Thats why i love them! ;) Flowers can convey a great deal of sensuality whether its intended or not - one needs only to look at Maplethorpe's flower pics or O'Keefes paintings.

shots 3 and 4 seem a bit awkward to me :scratch: I find the omposition/crop a bit strange. #3 in partcular i get the vibe of it being artifical. hrrrm.

anyways, thanks for sharing those!

Thanks Mark - suggestive works for me!

As for the cropping with 3&4 - I was a bit uncomfortable with them - I think you've got a point.

Thanks for the feedback.

I agree with the goddess, #2 is by far the best. It looks like an old hollywood glamour shot for daffodils. I didn't notice the sexual overtones until it was mentioned but that's probably why I like it so much. :lol:

I never thought that flowers could be both beautiful and sensual until I saw Mapplethorpe's work. Just amazing. #2 really reminds me of that style.

Tammy

I feel #2 & 3 are the better captures. The tight cropping on #2
I don't like so much. #3 I like the most - It's very 'alive'. It
has more style than the others. #4 doesn't look good to me.

EDIT~ maybe with #3, I would dodge (fade %) the petals on the left
in the 8 thru 12oclock position (on the lower flower). There is a subtle
shadow, mid-level beginning to creep onto the petals there.

EDIT2~ plus the flower on the right hand side of #3 looks flat & 2D toned
compared with the other two flowers. maybe I'd dodge in some highlight
on the flute and a couple of it's petals to give balance and a counterpoint.
The off-centre orientation of #3 looks great.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back