Dallas

rjackjames

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am dont know if this is right forum or not. Where is a good location to take a pictures of the Dallas Skyline?

I would appreciate any help??

I am not American so I have no idea, but consider downloading Google Earth and have a look at Dallas on an angle. Find some mountains, find some locations without things in the way.

I am not American so I have no idea, but consider downloading Google Earth and have a look at Dallas on an angle. Find some mountains, find some locations without things in the way.

Mountains? LOL...I wish. The best places are on the west side of the river from north Oak Cliff, it seems. Or rent a room in the Anatole and shoot from there.

I couldn't lead you to the spot we went to in a hundred years. It was on the levee and had a great view. I will go find the directions on the Meetup site. I don't recommend going there alone though. We are having another skyline meetup in Feb I think.

Best place is south of downtown. Get down around the Trinity River and you should get good results. The main reason I say this, is you get the best view of Reunion Tower, which is the trademark of the Skyline.
The next best view would be from the Mesquite direction. Then from the north side anywhere along LBJ (635).

I couldn't lead you to the spot we went to in a hundred years. It was on the levee and had a great view. I will go find the directions on the Meetup site. I don't recommend going there alone though. We are having another skyline meetup in Feb I think.

Thanx I am afraid to go by myself also........in Feb will be great but i go on my vacation in Feb lol......maybe after Mar when i know I be ale to drive up there for a weekend lol.

Find you a nice empty parking lot that is flooded after a heavy rain and get a simulated riverside reflection shot .. some guy did this back in .. hmmmm it was in the 80's or early 90's .. but anyway he started selling prints out of a grocery cart around town and it was so unique he eventually ended up making enough to buy a killer house off that one photo.

Find you a nice empty parking lot that is flooded after a heavy rain and get a simulated riverside reflection shot .. some guy did this back in .. hmmmm it was in the 80's or early 90's .. but anyway he started selling prints out of a grocery cart around town and it was so unique he eventually ended up making enough to buy a killer house off that one photo.

Wow thats crazy....i hope I can land a shot like that can buy me a house lol.....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back