Damaged D40 + accessories ($400)

arsonbob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I recently took my D40 onto a snowboarding trip with me, and made the mistake of allowing someone to use the camera to take pictures of me and my friend. Long story short, my friend hit the photographer, breaking an external flash in half and damaging my camera.

I have a D40 kit (shoulder bag included, and is quite nice), with 18-55mm lense 3.4-5.6/f I believe. Also has all cables required for use (wall charger, usb cord), 1GB 133x memory card, and rubberized body armor for the body ( helps a lot for impact absorption, trust me ), quantaray QDC 900WA external flash and 3 quantaray filters. (polarizer, UV and neutral density.)

I am asking $350 for all of this equipment. Reason being, the ext flash is broken in half at the pivot point (it took the force of the impact) someone who is good with soldering could VERY LIKELY fix this, I simply am not good with small scale electronics. Three wires have become detached from the circuit board from what I can see, other than that, it appears to be fine.

The D40 body itself has had the flash mount broken off of it. It STILL TAKES PHOTOS PERFECTLY. The Auto focus works, I tested it today in a camera store, and it is as crisp as ever in quality when taking photos. It saves them onto the card no problem. The body is prefectly fine except that is no longer has the ability to use a flash, nor the built in flash system. The 18-55mm lense it will come with is destroyed, and likely unsalvageable (it flops in and out of its external shell). I have the missing piece off the top of the D40, perhaps someone could fix it themselves? I'm really not sure I could, nor do I care to try. I'm getting out of photography for good. I've had two D40's stolen, and one destroyed = done.

Here are some pictures, if you have any interest at all, please ask in this thread of shoot me a PM. I can get closer pictures of it (although they are off a cellphone, sorry) in any way that you would like.

PLEASE email me along with PM me on this forum to get things dealt with faster. As you can see, I have just joined this forum, and will likely forget to check it along with the other 3-4 I frequent.

[email protected]

camera2.jpg

camera.jpg

camera3.jpg

camera4.jpg

sorry for the accident...how much are you looking for the flash?

Possibly interested.

Still for sale?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back