Damaged Film?

furious5

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys, just come back from a climbing trip and decided to take my Pentax K1000 with me given how bullet proof it is.

Anyhow, one of the guys took some photos of me climbing, however they've been a bit over zealous and gone to the end of film and tried to wind the film on further.

When I've come to change the film the actual film is still within the camera spool, and has detached from the film case.

Does anyone know if it is possible for this film to be still developed???

So you opened the camera back and saw all the film sitting on the takeup reel and not back in the film canister, right? If so, I would say it's most likely that all of the film has been exposed and you won't get anything if you tried to develop it.

How did you find out that it had detached? If you opened the back in light your film is going to be fogged.

If not you can always extract the film in complete darkness and put it into something that is light tight. take it to a pro lab and they'll process it.

There may be salvagable pics deeper in the roll if it hasn't been unwound in the light. The anti-halation (<--spelling?) layer on the film will keep light from passing through it. It may only burn the edges.

If you have opened the camera and pulled the film out and allowed it to unroll, then it's probably totally gone.

I'm with Ksmattfish, if you just opened the back and shut it right back, then there are definitly going to be some recoverable prints towards the beginning of the role. I'd even venture to say at least half of the roll will still be ok, as lon g as you haven't uwound it or just left it open staring at the film for extended periods of time

This happened to me a while back. I took the camera to the local Rabbit, and the film was removed in a light-proof box. About half the film was recoverable.

Good luck!

Jewel

Most reactions

New Topics

Back